Ashley Stewart – Win a prize package of $10,000 cash plus more (total prize value is $15,000)
2019 Finding Ashley Stewart Digital Contest Rules
ASHLEY STEWART #FASCONTEST19 OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or to Win. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. Eligibility: The #FASCONTEST19 (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of February 1, 2019. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and shareholders of Ashley Stewart, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Sponsor’s parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising or promotional agencies and their immediate families (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible. Void where prohibited, and subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Odds of winning depend on the relative performance of each entrant.
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins on February 5, 2019 at 12:00 AM ET and ends on July 19, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Entry Period”).
3. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Ashley Stewart, Inc. (“Ashley Stewart”) (150 Meadowlands Parkway Suite 403 Secaucus, NJ 07094). This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram.
4. How to Enter the Contest: Beginning on February 5, 2019, all eligible entrants may enter one of two ways via www.Ashleystewart.com/fascontest19 or https://www.instagram.com.
a) If entering via www.Ashleystewart.com/fascontest19 , you must follow the onscreen instructions to complete and thereafter submit the entry form. You will be directed to fill out the required entry form with the following information: first and last name, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, and email address, and answer the following question, “Why are you Ashley Stewart 2019?” (collectively “Entry Information”). The answer to the question “Why are you Ashley Stewart 2019?” can be submitted in writing with an image of yourself or answer by submitting a video.
b) If entering via www.instagram.com, use the hashtag #FASCONTEST19 in the caption when posting your video or photo and answer the following question, “Why are you Ashley Stewart 2019?” (collectively “Entry Information”). The answer to the question “Why are you Ashley Stewart 2019?” can be submitted in writing in the caption with the image of yourself or answer by submitting a video. Before entering the Contest via Instagram, the “Photos Are Private” option in your Instagram account settings must be set to “OFF”. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram handle (e.g., @john_doe).
Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter the Contest by either method is prohibited. Normal Internet access and device usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. Each entry may be posted on the Ashleystewart.com website and may be displayed on Sponsor’s social media pages.
5. Entry Requirements: ANY ENTRY DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE OR UNSUITABLE, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
* Entries must not contain any material that reflects negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of Sponsor, its subsidiaries or affiliates
* Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, contains profanity, nudity, sexual content; hateful content of any kind; content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature; or any other offensive content. Additionally Entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age (as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion)
* Entries must not contain material that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous
* Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations; or promote any political agenda or party
* Entries must not prominently feature any trademarks, logos, watermarks, or copyrighted materials, other than Sponsor’s related materials, or advertise or promote any brand or product owned by any entity other than Sponsor
* Entries must not violate or encourage the violation of any law, rule or regulation
6. Winning Video or Photo Selection and Notification: Entries will be judged by representatives of Sponsor at its sole discretion. After the Entry Period, four (4) winners will be selected among all eligible Entries received to win a prize based on the following Judging Criteria: exemplifying the brand values of kindness, leadership, confidence, resilience, and public service.
All Entries received as of 11:59 PM ET of July 19, 2019 will be judged. Sponsor will make two (2) attempts within a twenty-four (24) hour period to notify potential Winners at the email address or Instagram account used to enter. Determinations made by Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Contest. If the potential winner is not available at the time they are contacted, they will have until August 9, 2019 to respond to the Sponsor. The four (4) winners of the Contest will be announced on August 13, 2019.
7. Prizes: A total of four (4) winners will be selected to each receive one of four (4) Ashley Stewart gift cards ($50.00 value each).
8. Second Round: All winners will then join up to sixteen (16) Semi-Finalists for Finding Ashley Stewart 2019, for a total of up to 20 Semi-Finalists, eight (8) of whom will be chosen to compete at the Finding Ashley Stewart 2019 Finale in Brooklyn on September 14, 2019.
a. The Second Round will take place online between 10:00 AM EST on July 29, 2019 and 11:59 PM EST on August 6, 2019. The Semi-Finalists selected from the Tour Stops and accompanying Digital Contest will be posted online, and members of the public will be allowed to vote for their favorite Finalists based on the Judging Criteria.
b. Sponsor will announce rules for voting prior to the start of the Second Round. In addition to those rules, you may not attempt to obtain votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, by: (i) circumventing (or encouraging others to circumvent) the vote limits; (ii) using any automated system to vote; or (iii) offering any inducements to others in exchange for votes. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any votes obtained through fraudulent or inappropriate means. Sponsor reserves the right to immediately disqualify any Semi-Finalist from the Contest for any alleged engagement in the aforementioned behavior.
c. Eight (8) Finalists will be selected with a combination of the public on-line vote and internal Sponsor team judging criteria and vote. All final decisions are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Each of the finalists will then be invited to the Finale. Each Finalist will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a release form, and authorize Sponsor to conduct a background check. Sponsor reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify a Finalist (i) if she does not sign the necessary forms within two (2) days of the date the forms are sent or (ii) at Sponsor’s sole discretion, based on the results of the background check.
9. Third Round – The FAS Finale
a. The FAS Finale will take place in Brooklyn, New York between 4:00 PM EST and 11:00 PM EST on September 14, 2019. Each of the Finalists selected in the Second Round will receive a trip to New York City to participate in the FAS Finale. The Finalist must be available from 7:00 AM on September 13, 2019 through 11:00 PM on September 14, 2019. The trip will include: (i) round-trip coach-class airfare (or train) for the winner from a major airport (or train station) near the winner’s home in the United States to New York City; and (ii) hotel accommodations for one (1) or two (2) nights. The approximate retail value of the trip is $1,000, but will vary depending on various factors, including the point of departure. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for airfare, depending on the Finalist’s location. A winner is responsible for paying any other costs and expenses not listed above.
b. A panel of judges at the FAS Finale will select one (1) winner based on the Judging Criteria. One (1) winner will receive a prize package including an Ashley Stewart wardrobe, opportunities to appear in Ashley Stewart’s social media channels and on Ashley TV, prize packages from our sponsors including a make-over, a cash prize of $10,000 and more. The approximate retail value of the prize is $15,000. Each of the remaining seven (7) Finalists will receive a cash prize of $2,000. Winners may be required to complete certain Internal Revenue Service tax information reporting forms before or upon receipt of the prize. The winner of any prize is solely responsible for paying any applicable federal, state, and local income taxes related to the prize and any other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be substituted or transferred and must be accepted as awarded. No cash in lieu of prize will be awarded. However, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
All winners will be bound by the Official Rules For Finding Ashley Stewart 2019 Contest at www.Ashleystewart.com/findingashleystewart.html.
Images: YOU MAY BE FILMED AND PHOTOGRAPHED DURING YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. ANY SUCH FILMS AND PHOTOGRAPHS SHALL COLLECTIVELY BE REFERRED TO AS THE “IMAGES.” BY PARTICIPATING, YOU IRREVOCABLY GRANT SPONSOR THE UNCONDITIONAL AND PERPETUAL RIGHT TO REPRODUCE, ENCODE, STORE, COPY, TRANSMIT, PUBLISH, POST, BROADCAST, DISPLAY, PUBLICLY PERFORM, ADAPT, MODIFY, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, EXHIBIT, AND OTHERWISE USE THE IMAGES (WITH OR WITHOUT USING YOUR NAME) IN ANY MEDIA THROUGHOUT THE WORLD FOR ANY PURPOSE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AND WITHOUT ADDITIONAL REVIEW, COMPENSATION, RELEASE OR APPROVAL FROM YOU.
10. General Rules: By entering the Contest, entrant grants Sponsor a worldwide, royalty free, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute and display each submitted Entry and use each Entry in any manner including promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity and commercial uses without any further notice or payment to entrant (except where prohibited by law). Entrant represents and warrants that its Entry does not and will not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third-party right or violate any applicable law or regulation, including any right to privacy or publicity. A person submitting an Entry on Instagram must enter using their own Instagram account. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures which compromise the integrity of the Contest or any other problems beyond the control of Sponsor and award prizes from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation according to the criteria describe above. Sponsor, Instagram, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, and shareholders, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies will have no liability or responsibility whatsoever, and will be held harmless by entrant, for any claim or liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the creation of an Entry including any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity or defamation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable, or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused including computer malfunction, by participation in this Contest or by use or redemption of any prize or by any related activities. Except as otherwise provided herein for the use of certain winner information, personal information collected from each entrant will only be used by Sponsor for the purpose of administration of the Contest.
12. Disputes: You agree that any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Manhattan, New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
13. Winners Announcement: The name of the winners may be obtained by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to: Ashley Stewart #FASContest19, 150 Meadowlands Parkway, Suite 403, Secaucus, NJ 07094. Requests must be received by September 30, 2019.