McDonald’s – Win a trip for 4 to Universal Orlando Resort plus $250,000 each week and other instant prizes by August 17, 2015 – WEEKLY!
MCDONAL’S MINION MANIA IN-STORE GAME AND ONLINE SWEEPSTAKES
ENDING AT 11:59:59 p.m. ET 8/17/15
The “McDonald’s Minion Mania In-Store Game and Online Sweepstakes” is comprised of: (a) an in-store game (“In-Store Game”) available at participating McDonald’s restaurants in the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, Guam and Saipan (not available in Puerto Rico) (collectively the “Territory”) which begins on July 7, 2015, and ends on August 3, 2015, or when game piece (“Game Piece[s]”) distribution supplies are exhausted, whichever occurs first (“In-Store Game Play Period”); and (b) an online sweepstakes (“Online Sweepstakes”) which includes five (5) Sweepstakes entry periods (“Sweepstakes Entry Period[s]”) beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. ET on July 7, 2015, and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 17, 2015, and is conducted at MinionsatMcD.com (the”Website”). A FREE Code (MINIONMANIA) will be available beginning on or about June 30, 2015, that will allow an eligible individual (see Rule 2A) to register for the Online Sweepstakes and receive one (1) Entry into the Week 1 Sweepstakes Entry Period ending at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 13, 2015, and one (1) Entry into the final drawing (“Final Drawing”). Together, the In-Store Game and Online Sweepstakes comprise the “Game”, and each provides participants with the opportunity to win prizes, all as more fully explained and defined below.
The “Game Computer” is the official timekeeping device for the Game. Except as otherwise stated, all times shall be United States Eastern Time (“ET”). A day is the 24-hour period starting at 12:00:00 a.m. and ending the following 11:59:59 p.m. (a “Day”). A week in the Online Sweepstakes begins on a Tuesday and ends on a Monday, e.g., 7/7 – 7/13, 7/14 – 7/20, 7/21 – 7/27, 7/28 – 8/3 (each a “Week”).
1. WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE/TO WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Game is open to individuals who are residents of the Territory and are thirteen (13) years of age or older at time of participation (“Participants”).
Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate: any person who on or after January 1, 2015, is or was (a) a McDonald’s restaurant franchise owner, or a director, officer, employee, agent or independent contractor of a McDonald’s franchise restaurant; (b) a director, officer, employee, agent or independent contractor of McDonald’s USA, LLC (the “Sponsor”) or its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliated companies or service agencies; (c) a director, officer, employee, agent or independent contractor of any entity engaged in the development, production or distribution of Game materials, or of any entities retained by Sponsor or its agencies to assist in any way with the administration, promotion or advertisement of the Game; (d) a director, member, manager or officer of any prize partner (including Universal City Studios LLC, Universal City Studios Productions LLLP, Universal City Development Partners, Ltd., NBCUniversal Media, LLC (“NBC”), The NBC Sports Group and Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC, each a “Prize Partner” and collectively the “Prize Partners”), or a director, member, manager or officer of a Prize Partner’s parent company, subsidiaries or affiliated companies; and (e) an immediate family member (defined as spouse, IRS-dependent, or biological, foster, in-law, adoptive or step mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son) of, or who reside in the same household as, any person in any of the preceding categories. Employees of a Prize Partner (except as noted in (d) and (e) above) may participate in the Game but may not redeem any prize provided by their employer. The Prize Partners are Game Entities (see Rule 9 below) but are not sponsors, and are not responsible for the administration or execution of the Game.
2. Agreement To Official Rules: The Game is being conducted in the Territory by Sponsor, and each Participant, and if the Participant is under the age of majority in his/her residential jurisdiction (a “Minor”), that Minor’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of the Minor, unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Game.
3. To Be Eligible To Win: Winning any prize requires that the potential winner of the prize is, and remains, in compliance with these Official Rules. Until a potential winner is verified to be eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner is, and will remain, a potential prize winner, unless the potential winner is disqualified for not complying with the Official Rules and/or not being eligible to participate in the Game (see Rule 8 “Verification”). Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner who Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines is not permitted by law to receive a prize. Sponsor reserves the right to refrain from conducting any advertising or publicity associated with a winner for any reason.
4. Participants Requiring Assistance: If you have a disability that you believe prevents you from participating in the Game, or if you need assistance in redeeming a prize, contact (866) 375-0638 for assistance.
2. HOW TO OBTAIN A GAME PIECE AND ONLINE CODE.
Receive a Game Piece either with a qualifying purchase (see Rule 3A below) or without a qualifying purchase (see Rule 3B below). Each Game Piece provides for: (a) one (1) chance to win In-Store Game prizes described in Rules 5A and 5B of these Official Rules, and (b) one (1) 11-digit alphanumeric online code (“Online Code” or “Code”) (except for Game Pieces with a non-Food Instant Win prize, each of which contains a “redemption code” used to claim a prize [as described in Rule 6B] and does not contain an Online Code). Each Online Code can be used to enter the Online Sweepstakes (each an “Entry”). The Game Piece channels described in Rules 3A and 3B are the only legitimate channels (“Legitimate Channels”) for obtaining Game Pieces and Online Codes, although Sponsor may choose to authorize the distribution of Game Pieces or Online Codes in a different manner from time to time during the Game and, in that event, such an authorized distribution will be deemed a Legitimate Channel. Any other channel or method, including, without limitation, by purchase, sale, trading, auction or barter of Game Pieces or Online Codes via online or live auctions, does not constitute Legitimate Channels and is expressly prohibited.
1. With Purchase Of A Select McDonald’s Menu Item: Visit a participating McDonald’s restaurant in the Territory and get a Game Piece with a qualifying purchase of select McDonald’s menu items during the In-Store Game Play Period, or while distribution supplies last. One (1) Game Piece is available by purchasing one of the following select menu items (where available): Egg McMuffin® sandwich, Sausage McMuffin® with Egg sandwich (excluding Sausage McMuffin® sandwich), Egg White Delight McMuffin® sandwich; Medium Fries; Large Fries; Big Mac® sandwich; Medium (22-ounce) McCafé® Iced Coffee; Large (22-ounce) McCafé Frappés; Large (22-ounce) McCafé Smoothies; Large (22-ounce) McCafé Shakes, Large (22-ounce) Lemonade and Large (22-ounce) Premium Orange Juice; Premium Salads (excludes Side Salad) (Game Pieces are not available on Premium Salads at any participating Walmart McDonald’s locations); and 10-piece and 20-piece Chicken McNuggets® (20-piece Chicken McNuggets box has two (2) Game Pieces affixed; if a 20-piece box is not available, the Participant will receive two (2) 10-piece boxes, each with one (1) Game Piece affixed). In some restaurants, Participants may receive the Game Piece affixed to a card instead of the specially marked packaging for participating menu items. When a McDonald’s restaurant runs out of specially marked packaging with Game Pieces, that specially marked packaging may not be resupplied and Game Pieces for that menu item will no longer be available.
2. Without Purchase (Alternate Method Of Entry “AMOE”): A Participant can request a Game Piece without purchasing a Food item at a participating McDonald’s location by mailing a legibly handwritten, self-addressed, stamped envelope (“SASE”) with sufficient postage and a return address, including first and last name, street address, city, state and ZIP or postal code, to: McDonald’s Minion Mania Game Piece Request, P.O. Box 49250, Strongsville, Ohio 44149-0250. Two (2) Game Pieces will be mailed in response to each mail-in request that complies with the requirements of these Official Rules, while supplies last. Mail-in requests, including both outer envelope and SASE, must be handwritten. Outer envelope must include a return address in the upper left hand corner that matches the requestor’s street address, and must be postmarked no sooner than June 23, 2015, and no later than August 3, 2015, and received by Sponsor no later than August 10, 2015. Requests from Vermont (“VT”) residents that are postmarked in VT may omit return postage. Requests from VT residents that are postmarked outside of VT and omit return postage may be required to provide proof of VT residency to Sponsor’s reasonable satisfaction before requests are fulfilled. Each request must be mailed in a separate stamped outer mailing envelope. Requests that are sent in business reply envelopes that utilize address labels or stickers (for any address), that are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically or digitally produced or reproduced, that are not mailed in separate outer stamped mailing envelopes, or that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules will NOT be honored, acknowledged or returned, and the persons submitting such requests will forfeit any corresponding postage and envelopes.
3. Transfers: (a) The transfer of Game Pieces by an ineligible person to an eligible person is strictly prohibited and (b) a potential prize winner may not transfer a prize or their potential winning Game Piece(s) unless authorized in writing by Sponsor prior to transfer. Such authorization may be granted or withheld in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE.
1. Pre-Promotion: A FREE Code (MINIONMANIA) will be available in various communications from the Sponsor, including but not limited to TV, email, Twitter and/or Facebook. The FREE Code can be used only once per Participant to register online (see Rule 4D) at MinionsatMcD.com to receive one (1) Entry into the Week 1 Sweepstakes Entry Period (see Rule 4C) and one (1) Entry into the Final Drawing (see Rule 4C). The FREE Code is valid for Entry beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. ET on June 30, 2015, and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 13, 2015.
2. In-Store Game: Obtain a Game Piece as detailed in Rule 3 above and find “PEEL ME” on the Game Piece label, then carefully peel off the Game Piece from its backing to determine if it is a Food prize (with an Online Code), a non-Food prize (with a redemption code), or a non-winning Game Piece (with an Online Code). See a listing of prizes found in Rules 5A and 5B. If the Game Piece is a winning Game Piece for a non-Food Instant Win prize, retain it, because you will need the redemption code on the Game Piece in order to claim the prize, and you may need to submit the Game Piece with your prize claim; see Rule 6 for instructions to claim that prize. If no prize is shown on the Game Piece, you may still use the Code found on the Game Piece to enter the Online Sweepstakes.
3. Online Sweepstakes Schedule: Except for FREE Code Entry found in 4A above, Online Sweepstakes Entry begins at 12:00:00 a.m. ET on July 7, 2015, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 17, 2015, and includes five (5) separate Sweepstakes Entry Periods as follows:
• Week – Sweepstakes
Entry Periods – Prize/ARV – Drawing
• Week 1 -12:00:00 a.m.
ET 7/7/15 to
ET 7/13/15 – One (1) Prize: A
check for $250,000. – 7/15/15
• Week 2 -12:00:00 a.m.
ET 7/14/15 to
ET 7/20/15 – One (1) Prize: A
check for $250,000. – 7/22/15
• Week 3 – 12:00:00 a.m.
ET 7/21/15 to
ET 7/27/15 – One (1) Prize: A
check for $250,000. – 7/29/15
• Week 4 -12:00:00 a.m.
ET 7/28/15 to
ET 8/3/15 – One (1) Prize: A
check for $250,000. – 8/5/15
• Final Drawing – 12:00:00 a.m.
ET 7/7/15 to
ET 8/17/15- One (1) Prize: A four (4) day, three (3) night trip for four (4) to Universal Orlando Resort and$500, ARV: $6,200. Conditions For All Trip Prizes apply (see Rule 6C). – 8/19/15
NOTE: Once a Participant’s Registration information is received and recorded by the Game Computer, it cannot be changed. Participants in the Online Sweepstakes will have an online account (“My Account”) that, once the Online Sweepstakes begins on July 7, 2015, will display all of a Participant’s Online Codes submitted for each drawing in the Online Sweepstakes. A Participant can sign in and view their My Account by clicking “sign in” from any online page and entering their email address and password. While reasonable efforts will be made to record, maintain and keep current the information in a Participant’s My Account, due to technical or other errors or failures, the information displayed may not always be current and accurate and Sponsor will not assume responsibility or liability for any such information.
5. Enter Online Sweepstakes: To enter for a chance to win a prize, visit the Website (MinionsatMcD.com), enter a valid Online Code, and register or sign in. Each Online Code is valid for one (1) Entry into only one (1) Sweepstakes Entry Period based on the date and time the Online Code is entered and one (1) Final Drawing Entry. The Final Drawing will include all Entries (including FREE Code Entries) from all Sweepstakes Entry Periods. Limit one (1) Online Sweepstakes prize per Participant/household/email address.
6. Online Sweepstakes Drawings: Online Sweepstakes drawings will occur on or about two (2) days after the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period ends. See Rule 4B above for anticipated drawing dates. Each random drawing will be conducted by an independent organization selected by Sponsor. Potential winners will be selected from among all valid entries received for the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period. Potential Online Sweepstakes winners will be contacted by telephone and/or email (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) approximately two (2) business days after a drawing. When a potential winner is contacted, that potential winner will have five (5) business days from the date of notification to respond. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe identified during the initial call and/or email, or if the potential winner does not respond within the timeframe specified in the prize claim documents (“Prize Claim Document[s]”) required by the Sponsor to verify a winner, they will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be notified. If a winner is verified, then the Redemption Center will send the prize to the address provided in a winner’s Prize Claim Documents.
Each Participant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver their name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Game and complying with applicable laws, regulations and rules.
8. Online Registration Security: Once registered as a Participant in the Online Sweepstakes, simply enter a valid Online Code, your email address and password each time you return to the Website to participate. Passwords are case sensitive. An online Participant is solely responsible for the security of their email address and password and should take precautions to keep the password private to prevent unauthorized use. Neither Sponsor nor any other person or entity will be responsible for any losses, damages or consequences a Participant may suffer due to careless or unauthorized use of an email address, password and/or My Account.
9. Online Sweepstakes Participation Limits: There is a limit of one (1) Registration per Participant. There is a limit of ten (10) Code Entries each Day (the FREE Code does not apply to the daily limit, and Participants are only allowed to enter (1) FREE Code). If, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Website detects any Participant attempting to: manipulate the Website and/or Code Entry; secure more than one (1) Registration by using different names, addresses, email addresses or digital device phone numbers; or attempting to use any device, script or artifice to obtain additional Entries or circumvent these Official Rules, they will be disqualified and ALL of their Online Sweepstakes Entries will be forfeited, and any such person, without notification, may be prevented from entering the Online Sweepstakes and/or winning prizes. Once a Participant is prevented from entering the Online Sweepstakes, any Code they attempt to enter will no longer receive an Entry, and the Code will no longer be recorded in their My Account. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void Entries or participation from any IP address if any suspicious Entry and/or participation are detected.
4. PRIZES/ODDS/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”).
Approximately 361,295,467 total Game Pieces are available for distribution, including approximately 59,980,601 Food prizes (see Rule 5A) and 351,854 non-Food Instant Win prizes (see Rule 5B) available. The odds of winning a prize in the In-Store Game are approximately 1 in 6, mostly food (“Food”) prizes.
1. In-Store Game Food Prizes: The ARV for McDonald’s Food prizes are based on Sponsor’s average menu board prices as of March 1, 2015: Premium Chicken sandwich, ARV: $4.69, Odds: 1 in 121; Quarter Pounder® w/Cheese sandwich, ARV: $4.07, Odds 1 in 121; Small Fries, ARV: $1.26, Odds: 1 in 61; Chicken Snack Wrap®, ARV: $1.78, Odds: 1 in 121; Sausage McGriddles®, ARV: $2.49, Odds 1 in 61; Medium Soft Drink, ARV: $1.34, Odds 1 in 31; Small McCafé® Smoothie, ARV: $2.53, Odds 1 in 61; Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait, ARV: $1.00, Odds 1 in 61; Large Iced Coffee, ARV: $2.04, Odds: 1 in 61; Sundae, ARV: $1.27, Odds 1 in 41.
2. In-Store Game Non-Food Instant Win Prizes:
1. A “Despicable Me 2” 3-Mini-Movie Collection Download. One Hundred Thousand (100,000) prizes available. Each winner will receive one (1) “Despicable Me 2” 3-Mini-Movie collection (main featurettes only) digital download, ARV: $4.99. Odds of winning are approximately 1 in 3,613.
2. A “Minions” Movie Ticket via Fandango. Two Hundred Fifty Thousand (250,000) prizes available. Each winner will receive one (1) Fandango Promo Code, valid for one (1) movie ticket (up to $13 including Fandango fees) to see “Minions” between July 10 and September 30, 2015, at a participating theater, ARV: $13. Odds of winning are approximately 1 in 1,446.
3. A “Despicable Me 2” Movie Download. One Thousand (1,000) prizes available. Each winner will receive one (1) “Despicable Me 2” (main feature only) digital movie download, ARV: $14.99. Odds of winning are approximately 1 in 361,296.
4. A Fifty Dollar ($50) Arch Card®. Seven Hundred Eighty (780) prizes available. Each winner will receive $50 in Arch Cards. Odds of winning are approximately 1 in 463,200.
5. A Trip to Universal Studios HollywoodSM. Fourteen (14) prizes available. Each winner will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for four (4) to Universal Studios Hollywood (“USH”) and a check for $500, ARV: $4,600. Odds of winning are approximately 1 in 25,806,820. This prize is subject to Trip Conditions below.
6. A Trip to Universal Orlando® Resort. Fourteen (14) prizes available. Each winner will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for four (4) to Universal Orlando Resort, and a check for $500, ARV: $6,200. Odds of winning are approximately 1 in 25,806,820. This prize is subject to Trip Conditions below.
7. A Trip to an NBC Sports Hosted Experience. Twenty-Six (26) prizes available. Each winner will receive a three (3) day, two (2) night trip for two (2) to attend a live action NBC Sports event that may or may not include an NBC Sports televised event such as NBC Sports televised hockey playoff game, professional football game, auto racing event or championship golf event, in Prize Partner’s sole discretion, and a check for$500, ARV: $4,200. Odds of winning are approximately 1 in 13,895,980. This prize includes events with some age restrictions and is subject to Trip Conditions below.
8. A Trip to a Taping of an NBC Broadcast Show Experience. Twenty (20) prizes available. Each winner will receive a three (3) day, two (2) night trip for two (2) to attend a taping of an NBC Broadcast Show from a selection of NBC shows in NBC’s sole discretion (e.g., “America’s Got Talent”, “The Voice”, or “American Ninja Warrior”), and a check for $500, ARV: $3,200. Odds of winning are approximately 1 in 18,064,774. This prize includes events with some age restrictions and is subject to Trip Conditions below.
3. Online Sweepstakes – Prizes/Odds/Details:
1. Week 1, 2, 3 & 4: Two Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($250,000). One (1) prize available for each Week. Each winner will receive a check for $250,000. The odds of winning will depend on the number of Entries received for each drawing.
2. Final Drawing: A Trip to Universal Orlando® Resort. One (1) prize available. The winner will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for four (4) to Universal Orlando Resort and a check for $500, ARV: $6,200. The odds of winning the prize will depend on the number of Entries received during the entire Online Sweepstakes Period. This prize is subject to Trip Conditions below.
5. PRIZE CLAIM DEADLINES/DESCRIPTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS.
BECAUSE CLAIMING ANY FOOD PRIZE REQUIRES THE SURRENDER OF THE GAME PIECE THAT REVEALS THAT PRIZE, IF YOU WISH TO ENTER THE CODE ON THAT GAME PIECE IN THE ONLINE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU MUST ENTER THE CODE BEFORE CLAIMING THE FOOD PRIZE. Once a Game Piece is surrendered, the Online Code on that Game Piece cannot be returned to the Participant to be used to enter the Online Sweepstakes and is deemed void. Entering a Code from a Game Piece in the Online Sweepstakes is solely the responsibility of the Participant. Sponsor will not be responsible for the surrender of a Game Piece when the Code on that Game Piece has not been used to enter the Online Sweepstakes.
1. Claiming Food Prizes: Food prizes may be redeemed at any participating McDonald’s restaurant in the Territory on or before August 24, 2015, but may be redeemed only during the hours the menu item is served and only on a future visit. Food prize Game Pieces are subject to verification (see Rule 8) and are not valid in combination with any other offer, discount, coupon or combo meal. Limit one (1) Food prize per eligible person per McDonald’s restaurant visit. For the purposes of the Game, all visits to the same restaurant within a two-hour period are deemed to constitute a single visit. Winning Game Pieces must be presented for redemption before the Food order is placed. Participating McDonald’s restaurants reserve the right to substitute a menu item of equivalent or greater retail value for the Food prize specified if the Food prize specified is unavailable for any reason.
2. Claiming Non-Food Instant Win Prizes: You will need the original Game Piece to claim a prize.To claim a Fandango “Minions” movie ticket, go to www.fandango.com/promo/mcd for movie dates beginning July 10, 2015, through September 30, 2015; to claim a “Despicable Me 2” 3-Mini-Movie Collection Download or “Despicable Me 2” Movie Download go towww.McDMinions.com by November 1, 2015. Claiming these prizes requires that the potential prize winner (or their parent/legal guardian if winner is a Minor) has the redemption code found on the potential winning Game Piece. These prize claims are also subject to the Prize Partners’ privacy policies and terms and conditions found at their respective websites. To claim all other non-Food prizes you must be the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside and call the toll-free number listed on the Game Pieceby August 24, 2015, for instructions to claim the prize. If the potential winner is a Minor, his or her parent or legal guardian must claim the prize on his or her behalf. Once a prize is claimed, any Prize Claim Documents required by the Sponsor (e.g., Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity releases, guest releases and IRS forms) along with the original potential winning Game Piece must be completed and submitted to the Redemption Center for receipt by August 31, 2015.
1. McDonald’s $50 Arch Card® Prize. A potential winner must follow the instructions on the Game Piece to claim the Arch Card prize by August 24, 2015. Arch Cards may be used only toward the purchase of McDonald’s products at participating McDonald’s restaurants in the Territory. Arch Cards do not expire and no dormancy fees will be charged. The value on the card may not be redeemed for cash, check or credit, unless required by law. Unused amounts may be used toward future purchases. An Arch Card is not a debit or credit card and has no implied warranties. Lost or stolen cards will be canceled and replaced only upon presentation of the original activation receipt or, if reloaded, the most recent reload receipt. Cards may not be resold by any unlicensed vendor under penalty of law; unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation. Cards obtained through unauthorized channels will be considered void. Arch Card is issued by P2W Inc., NFP.
2. A “Despicable Me 2” 3-Mini-Movie Collection Download. A potential winner (or the parent/legal guardian if winner is a Minor) should follow the instructions and use the redemption code found on the Game Piece to claim the prize at www.McDMinions.comby November 1, 2015. The winner (or their parent/legal guardian if winner is a Minor) must register for a www.universalhidef.com/digitalcopy/createnewaccount.aspxaccount (no cost) to claim the prize. Claimant must be 18 years or older. Prize includes a digital HD download of, and streaming access to “Despicable Me 2” 3-Mini-Movie Collection (main featurettes only). Not compatible with all devices. Compatible devices are subject to change. Display resolution on playback is dependent upon the device characteristics, including screen resolution. Download capability varies by device. High-speed Internet connection required. Go tohttps://www.universalhidef.com/support orhttps://www.universalhidef.com/ultraviolet/support/ for technical support.
3. “Minions” Movie Ticket via Fandango. A potential winner (or their parent/legal guardian if winner is a Minor) should follow the instructions and use the redemption code on the Game Piece to claim the movie ticket prize at www.fandango.com/promo/mcd by September 30, 2015. Each winner will receive a Fandango Promotional Code valid for one (1) movie ticket (up to $13 total value including Fandango fees) to see “Minions” at Fandango partner theaters in the Territory, at any showing beginning in most theaters on July 10, 2015, and including those designated as “no coupon, no passes” in local theater listing guides. Fandango Promotional Code must be redeemed and used by September 30, 2015, and is void if not redeemed by the expiration date. Only valid for purchases made at www.fandango.com or via the Fandango app for Fandango partner theaters in the Territory and cannot be redeemed directly at any Fandango partner theater box office. If lost, cannot be replaced. No reproductions will be accepted. No cash value. Not valid with any other offer. Offer valid in the Territory for one-time use only. Not for resale; void if sold or exchanged. If movie ticket with Fandango’s convenience fee included is more than maximum value of the Fandango Promotional Code, then user must pay the difference. Any price difference between movie ticket purchased and maximum value of the Fandango Promotional Code will not be refunded. The redemption of Fandango Promotional Code is subject to Fandango’s terms and conditions at www.fandango.com/termsofuse.aspx andwww.fandango.com/PurchasePolicy.aspx.
4. A “Despicable Me 2” Movie Download. A potential winner (or the parent/legal guardian if winner is a Minor) should follow the instructions and use the redemption code found on the Game Piece to claim the prize at www.McDMinions.com by November 1, 2015. The winner (or their parent/legal guardian if winner is a Minor) must register for awww.universalhidef.com/digitalcopy/createnewaccount.aspx account (no cost) to claim the prize. Claimant must be 18 years or older. Prize includes a digital HD download of, and streaming access to “Despicable Me 2” (main feature only). Not compatible with all devices. Compatible devices are subject to change. Display resolution on playback is dependent upon the device characteristics, including screen resolution. Download capability varies by device. High-speed Internet connection required. Go to https://www.universalhidef.com/support orhttps://www.universalhidef.com/ultraviolet/support/ for technical support.
5. A Trip to Universal Studios Hollywood. SM A potential winner must follow the instructions on the Game Piece to claim this prize by August 24, 2015. The prize is a trip for one (1) winner and three (3) guests to Universal Studios Hollywood, including round trip coach class air transportation for winner and up to three (3) guests from a major commercial airport near the winner’s home (as determined by USH in its sole discretion) to Los Angeles, CA; three (3) consecutive nights standard hotel accommodations (one standard, quad-occupancy, room and tax only) at Sheraton Universal Hotel (or at another on-site hotel as determined by USH in its sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Los Angeles, CA; four (4) Front of the Line tickets for four (4) days admission to Universal Studios Hollywood. Each winner will be mailed a check for $500 spending money prior to the trip. This prize is subject to “Conditions For All Trip Prizes” below. Trip must be taken by August 3, 2016. If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of their prize with no or less than all guests, the prize will be awarded to winner and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the prize must be redeemed at the same time and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Sponsor and USH will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets.
6. A Trip to Universal Orlando® Resort. A potential winner must follow the instructions on the Game Piece to claim this prize by August 24, 2015. The prize is a trip for one (1) winner and up to three (3) guests to Universal Orlando Resort, including: round trip coach class air transportation for winner and up to three (3) guests from a major commercial airport near winner’s home (as determined by Universal Orlando Resort in its sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; three (3) consecutive nights standard hotel accommodation (one standard, quad-occupancy, room and tax only) at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort (or another on-site hotel as determined by Universal Orlando Resort in its sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; four (4) 3-Park Unlimited Passes for admission to Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios Florida and Wet ‘n Wild Orlando; and four (4) tickets to attend a Blue Man Group performance (exact date and time to be determined by Universal Orlando Resort). Each winner will be mailed a check for $500 spending money prior to the trip. This prize is subject to “Conditions For All Trip Prizes” below. Trip must be taken by August 17, 2016. If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of their prize with fewer than three (3) guests or no guest, the prize will be awarded to winner and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the prize must be redeemed at the same time and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Sponsor and Universal Orlando will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets.
7. Trip to an NBC Sports Hosted Experience. A potential winner must follow the instructions on the Game Piece to claim this prize by August 24, 2015. The prize is a trip for winner and one (1) guest to attend a live-action NBC Sports experience (e.g., NBC televised hockey playoff game, football game, auto racing or golf event), as determined by Prize Partner in its sole discretion. Trip includes round trip coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial airport near the winner’s home (as determined by Prize Partner in its sole discretion) to the destination city in the U.S., two (2) consecutive nights hotel accommodations (one standard double-occupancy room and tax only), two (2) game/event day tickets and airport transfers in the destination city. Each winner will be mailed a check for $500 spending money prior to the trip. This prize is subject to “Conditions For All Trip Prizes” below, and some age restrictions apply. Trip must be taken on dates that coincide with the event as determined by Prize Partner.
8. A Trip to a Taping of an NBC Broadcast Show Experience. A potential winner must follow the instructions on the Game Piece to claim this prize by August 24, 2015. The prize is a trip for winner and one (1) guest to attend a live taping of an NBC Show (e.g., “America’s Got Talent”, “The Voice”, or “American Ninja Warrior”), as determined by Prize Partner in its sole discretion. Certain shows require that an attendee be sixteen (16) years of age or older. Trip includes round trip coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial airport near the winner’s home (as determined by Prize Partner in its sole discretion) to the destination city in the U.S., two (2) consecutive nights hotel accommodations (one standard double-occupancy room and tax only), two (2) show admissions, and airport transfers in the destination city. Each winner will be mailed a check for $500 spending money prior to the trip. This prize is subject to “Conditions For All Trip Prizes” below. Trip must be taken on dates that coincide with the show schedule as determined by Prize Partner.
3. Conditions For All Trip Prizes: Trip prize winners and guests may be required to meet certain security criteria set by Sponsor or the Prize Partner to redeem a trip prize or attend trip prize events. If a trip prize winner or guest does not meet any such criteria, Sponsor may choose (in its sole discretion) to award that prize winner a check equal to the ARV of the trip prize won. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc., or any luggage fees or transportation between winner’s home and departure airport) are included in the prize, and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. If a winner resides in the same state as the prize location, air transportation may be substituted with another method of transportation by Prize Partner in its sole discretion (e.g., a winner of a USH trip who is a California resident may receive alternate transportation if their residence in CA is 150 miles or less to USH). Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value will not be awarded and any difference will not be refunded. No insurance is provided as part of the prize, and obtaining any insurance, such as but not limited to, travel insurance, health, accident or medical insurance, and property loss or damage insurance is the sole responsibility of the winner and/or winner’s guest(s). A trip must be booked sixty (60) days in advance of any travel date, and is subject to availability. Air travel will be round trip (originate from and end at the same airport) coach class from an airport selected by Sponsor. Reservations will be completed by Prize Partner and/or Redemption Center. Changes to reservations are not permitted. Prize winner and guest(s) must travel together on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for having any required travel-related documents (including valid government issued photo ID and/or any required passport) prior to departure as well as fulfilling any/all age, travel and security requirements. Any winner or guest who is a Minor must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times. Parent or legal guardian of any winner who is a Minor must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. If winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), they must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Sponsor or Prize Partner reserves the right in their respective sole discretion to designate all flight/travel/event particulars and route or routes (as the case may be). Failure of a verified winner who has received their tickets to complete the trip portion of the prize (or any portion of the prize) does not relieve that prize winner of their tax obligations associated with winning the trip prize. All taxes (including, without limitation, federal, state and/or local taxes and/or income taxes) on or connected with any prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are solely the responsibility of respective winners. If required by law, Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate taxing authorities the amount of any taxes due. Winners will receive a Federal Form 1099 in January of the year following the year that they receive the prize, for the value of any prize awarded that is $600 or more. Expenses not stated for any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Sponsor and Prize Partner will not be liable for any missed opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Sponsor and Prize Partner will not be responsible for late or lost baggage. Prize winner and any guest must meet any age or other requirements for a show or sports experience prize. Prize winner may be required to provide a current valid major credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover incidentals, and any and all costs, fees, and expenses not expressly stated in the prize description. Restrictions and/or blackout dates may apply. Once a winner’s guest is determined, that guest cannot be changed without the express consent of Sponsor, which may be withheld for any reason. Each winner (and each guest) agree to maintain their behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any prize-related activity. Prize winners understand and agree that Sponsor or the Prize Partner has the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove a prize winner or any guest from any activity at any time if that winner or a guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property or the reputation of Sponsor or the Prize Partner, or otherwise violates the policies of the Sponsor or Prize Partner.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS
1. Prizes Not Claimed Or That Are Forfeited Will Not Be Awarded, Except Online Sweepstakes Prizes: All prizes claimed online at the fandango.com or universalstudios.com websites are awarded subject to the terms and conditions applicable to such prizes as set forth herein or on the Prize Partner’s website (for Fandango prizes atfandango.com/promo/mcd or for “Despicable Me” download prizes atwww.mcdminions.com). all details and other restrictions of prizes not set forth in these official rules will be determined by sponsor or prize partner in their sole discretion and will be provided to the applicable prize winner upon award of the prize. no cash alternative or substitution of any prize will be provided (other than as may be expressly provided in the prize descriptions above), except that sponsor, or prize partner, in their sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if any prize cannot be awarded as described due to unavailability for any reason. prizes will be delivered only to an address in the territory stated in the winner’s prize claim information. if a potential winner cannot accept a prize as stated, that prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, if the prize is an online sweepstakes prize, it will be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. if a winner is a minor in their jurisdiction of residence, a prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, winner’s parent />legal guardian, who must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings of a winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and the winner, or the prize may be forfeited in its entirety.
2. Conditions Of Prize Claim Submissions: All Prize Claim Documents received after the applicable redemption deadlines shall be deemed VOID and will be ineligible for prizes. Game Pieces and Prize Claim Documents that are complete and duly submitted to the Redemption Center within the applicable redemption period will be verified within a few days after the Prize Claim Documents are received, or as soon thereafter as reasonably practical, and once verified, prize winners will be contacted by the Redemption Center to begin the prize awarding. If any potential prize winner (or such Minor winner’s parent or legal guardian) fails or refuses to properly execute and return all Prize Claim Documents by the redemption deadline or if the Prize Claim Documents or a prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any potential winner, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and/or otherwise forfeit their prize. If a prize winner makes any false statement in any Prize Claim Document, or if it is discovered that a winner has registered for the Online Sweepstakes using more than one (1) email address, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor upon demand the cash equivalent of the prize(s) based on the ARV or cash value for prizes published in Rule 5. The submission of Prize Claim Documents, Game Pieces, and/or Codes is solely the responsibility of each Participant. If any potential winner declines a prize, is found to be ineligible, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize and all rights to the prize they otherwise might have received. Please note that overnight shipping companies are unable to deliver to a Post Office Box. As a result, Participants must return their completed Prize Claim Documents and/or Game Piece(s) using the US Postal Service or, if provided, the pre-paid courier envelope included in the redemption pack. When sending Prize Claim Documents and/or Game Pieces to the Redemption Center, it is strongly recommended that Participants retain a photocopy of all Prize Claim Documents submitted and send the submission using Registered, Certified or Express Mail with a receipt of mailing (although proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery). Game Entities are not responsible if a potential winner does not receive an email notification with redemption instructions or corresponding prize because an erroneous, fraudulent, invalid, changed or bogus email address was provided in the potential winner’s prize claim information, if the email is intercepted by SPAM or other email filters, or is misdirected or not received for any reason. To help prevent an email message from being identified as SPAM, you may addnoreply@MinionsatMcD.com to the safe sender list in your email application. See your email application help instructions for further information.
Winning Game Pieces for McDonald’s Food prizes are subject to verification at participating McDonald’s restaurants. Winning Codes for all other non-Food Instant Win prizes are subject to verification at the Prize Partner’s website or by the Redemption Center. PARTICIPANTS SHOULD NOT SHOW OR GIVE ANY POTENTIAL WINNING GAME PIECE (EXCEPT FOOD PRIZE GAME PIECES) TO ANY McDONALD’S OR FRANCHISEE EMPLOYEE. The verification of any prize valued at $600 or more will require the potential winner to submit their social security number. Upon completion of verification, the McDonald’s Redemption Center will contact the winner to initiate the prize awarding process or to notify the potential winner that he/she is not eligible to receive the prize. If Sponsor so elects, a potential prize winner may be required to submit to, and cooperate in, a confidential background check to confirm eligibility, security requirements set by Sponsor or a Prize Partner and to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Game will not bring Sponsor or a Prize Partner into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule, or reflect unfavorably on the Game or the Sponsor or on a Prize Partner as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Game Pieces are null and void and will be rejected if not obtained through Legitimate Channels. If any part of any Game Piece, Online Code or a redemption code is counterfeited, illegible, mutilated, or tampered with in any way, or if it comes from other games or promotions, the Game Piece, Online Code or any redemption code, as applicable, will be deemed void. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to the Game, including without limitation determinations regarding the validity of Game Pieces, Online Codes, redemption codes and any Prize Claim Documents submitted for verification. Except as specifically stated in these Official Rules, only original Game Pieces distributed in the Territory will be accepted for verification. Any person attempting to forge prize claim materials (Prize Claim Documents, Game Pieces, Online Codes) or defraud Sponsor or any of the Prize Partners in any way in connection with this Game, may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted under the law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Participant, the Online Sweepstakes Entry in question will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the email account for the email address provided at the time of Participant’s registration for the Online Sweepstakes. The registered account holder for an email account shall be the natural person to whom the applicable email address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s sole satisfaction, the Entry will be deemed ineligible.
8. GENERAL RELEASE AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Participants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay and misdirection of Prize Claim Documents and are advised to obtain insurance where appropriate. Sponsor, Prize Partners and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, local advertising cooperatives, advertising/promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (individually and collectively ” Game Entities “) are not responsible for: (a) incomplete, illegible, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, stolen, non-delivered or postage-due submissions of Prize Claim Documents and/or Game Pieces, or any mail; (b) any damage to a Participant’s or other person’s computer system or digital device which is caused or occasioned by accessing the Website or Prize Partners’ websites or redemption pages, participating in the Online Sweepstakes or claiming a prize; (c) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet, digital device or wireless service providers, websites or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Online Sweepstakes; (d) miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, dropped, interrupted, lost, non-delivered or misdirected computer, telephone, digital device, email or cable transmissions or hardware or software or program or programming malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any technical malfunctions, failures or difficulties, printing errors, color discrepancies, clerical, typographical or other error in any Game Pieces, Online Codes, printed, web or mobile copy or artwork, any prize offering announcement or any Prize Claim Documents; (f) any errors or failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, interruption of power, digital or technical in nature, or unauthorized human intervention; (g) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with, or utilized in, the Game; (h) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture or loss of any information; or (i) non-delivery of an email notification with redemption instructions or corresponding prize because an erroneous, fraudulent, invalid, changed or bogus email address was provided in the potential winner’s prize claim information, if the email is intercepted by SPAM or other email filters, or is misdirected or not received for any reason. (To help prevent an email message from being identified as SPAM, you may add noreply@MinionsatMcD.com to the safe sender list in your email application. See your email application help instructions for further information.) Proof of mailing requests, Prize Claim Documents or Game Pieces of any kind or nature does not constitute proof of delivery. Prize Claim Documents or winning Game Pieces submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor shall not be responsible to correspond with Participants. By participating in the Game, each Participant hereby releases and agrees to hold the Game Entities harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, property damage, death and bodily injury (whether due to negligence or otherwise) due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Game or any Game-related and/or travel-related activity, or participation in any prize-related activities, or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim said prize and any liability and publicity that might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said prize. By submitting potential winning Prize Claim Documents and/or Game Pieces, each verified winner hereby agrees and grants Sponsor the right, but not the obligation, to the use of their name, voice and likeness, along with their address (city and state) and any statements made by or attributed to such winner in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review or approval, in perpetuity and throughout the world for advertising, commercial and promotional purposes in connection with the Game and other promotions without further compensation (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Game Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
9. ONLINE COMPUTER SYSTEM/DIGITAL DEVICE REQUIREMENTS.
1. Desktop/Laptop System Requirements:
Windows 7-8: Internet Explorer® 9-11; Google Chrome™ 32-40; Firefox® 24-35.
Windows 8.1 (excluding Windows Store App View): Internet Explorer® 11 only; Google Chrome™ 32-40; Firefox® 24-35.
Mac: (Mac OS 10.8-10.10): Firefox 24-35; Safari® 6-8.
The Website on a desktop/laptop is optimized for use with a 1024×768 screen resolution.Using a screen resolution lower than 1024×768 may result in a Participant not being able to enter the Online Sweepstakes.
2. Digital Device Requirements:
Digital Device capable of displaying HTML and XHTML content. The screen resolution must be equal to or greater than 320 pixels wide. If a Participant’s digital device does not meet these requirements, or if they are having a technical issue viewing the Website, then they will need to use their desktop computer to participate.
Mobile Operating System Requirements:
Android™ 4.1-5.0 (Running Android Browser)
iOS 7.0-8.1 (Running Safari Mobile Browser)
3. Overall Desktop/Laptop and Any Digital Device System Requirements:
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
THE GAME ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING ANY PRIZE IN CONNECTION WITH THE GAME. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND THE GAME ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY.
1. Disqualification: It is the Participant’s sole responsibility to ensure that they have complied in full with all conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if they have not complied with these Official Rules or decline a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and the prize forfeited. No mechanically produced, reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated, third party or other automated or robotic entries, in whole or in part, will be accepted. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the Participant and/or originating by any other mechanism, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Game. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Game; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Game, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
2. Force Majeure/Printing and Production Errors: Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Game, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the Game in any way, or deem an affected Game Piece void and invalid if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Game Piece in question reflects printing or other errors, or if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Game is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures, malfunctions or errors (including, without limitation, computer viruses or other deleterious programs or materials, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper play, integrity and/or feasibility of the Game. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Game or awarding any prize as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made health epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Game (or any portion thereof). Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The sole responsibility and liability for any irregular Online Code, Game Piece or Online Sweepstakes Entry is replacement with another randomly selected Code, or Game Piece while supplies last, or Online Sweepstakes Entry, as solely determined by Sponsor. Replacement shall be the sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. If, due to printing, digital, computer programming, hardware or software, or production errors or for any reason, more potential winners in any prize category come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize as set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s) in that prize category. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Participant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
3. Invalidity: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. McDonald’s restaurant employees or franchisees are not authorized to modify or amend these Official Rules.
4. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between Participant and the Sponsor in connection with the Game shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois, including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state or jurisdiction’s laws.
5. Language Discrepancy: In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the Spanish language version of these Official Rules, or of any Game Pieces, Game Materials and/or prize claim materials, the English version shall prevail, govern and control. Other than and except for Prize Partner terms, conditions and restrictions governing those prizes and offers supplied by Prize Partners in connection with the Game, in the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Game materials and/or prize claim materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
By participating in this Game, each Participant agrees that: (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) Participant may have against any of the Game Entities arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Game, the awarding or redemption of prizes, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the applicable Rules and Procedures established by AAA (“Rules and Procedures”); (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by AAA pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient for Participant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed by the Participant and Sponsor; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the Participant may have entered into in connection with the Game; (5) the arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis as Participant and Sponsor hereby waive the right to assert claims in any class or representative action; arbitration can thus decide only the Participant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) to the extent permitted by law, the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive, incidental or consequential damages against the Participant or Sponsor; (8) in the event that the administrative fees and deposits that must be paid to initiate arbitration against Sponsor exceed $125 USD for claims less than $10,000 or $375 for claims greater than $10,000 but less than $75,000, and the Participant is unable (or not required under the applicable Rules and Procedures) to pay any fees and deposits that exceed this amount, Sponsor agrees to pay them and/or forward them on the Participant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the Participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Participant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (9) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Sponsor nor Participant shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on AAA and/or AAA Rules and Procedures, Participants may visit the AAA Website at http://www.adr.org.
13. OFFICIAL RULES.
These Official Rules will be posted at participating McDonald’s restaurants and at the Website (MinionsatMcD.com). To receive a copy of the Official Rules, mail an SASE to Redemption Center: Minion Mania Official Rules Request, P.O. Box 1132, Chicago, IL 60690. All requests must be postmarked by September 24, 2015, and received by September 30, 2015. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Limit one (1) request per outer envelope.
14. WINNERS LIST.
For a list of Official Winners (“List”), mail a #10 SASE to Redemption Center: McDonald’s Minion Mania Winners List Request, P.O. Box 1132, Chicago, IL 60690. All requests must be postmarked by September 24, 2015, and received by September 30, 2015. Limit one (1) request per outer envelope. OR, you can see the complete list of confirmed winners (over $25) online at MinionsatMcD.com on or about September 30, 2015, after all winners are confirmed.
McDonald’s USA, LLC, 2111 McDonald’s Drive, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
©2015 McDonald’s. McDonald’s, Big Mac, Quarter Pounder w/Cheese, McMuffin, Snack Wrap, McGriddles, McCafé, McNuggets, Arch Card and the Golden Arches logo are trademarks of McDonald’s Corporation and its affiliates. All other trademarks, service marks, logos, product or service names are the property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved. “Minions” and “Despicable Me 2” and all related characters are trademarks and copyrights of Universal Studios. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLC. Universal elements and all related indicia, TM and © Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved. NBCUniversal Media, LLC owns all rights, title and interest in and to the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and all other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world associated with “America’s Got Talent”, “The Voice”, “American Ninja Warrior”, NBC Sports Group. All Rights Reserved. Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Universal City Studios Productions LLLP, Universal City Studios LLC, d/b/a Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort, NBC Universal Media, LLC and Fandango Loyalty Solutions LLC and each of their parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not a Sponsor or co-Sponsor of this promotion and are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Game.