Riviana Foods – Howdy Skinner – Win a trip for 2 to Houston, Texas OR 1 of 2 minor prizes
Howdy Skinner® Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility. The Howdy Skinner Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective shareholders and any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, members, participating vendors, promotion or advertising agencies, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each of the foregoing are not eligible. “Household member” shall mean people who share the same residence at least 3 months in a 12-month period. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Sponsor and Administrator. Sponsor: Riviana Foods Inc., 2777 Allen Parkway, Houston, TX 77019 (“Skinner”). Administrator: Cohen-Friedberg Associates, LLC, Framingham, MA 01702 www.cfapromo.com.
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and legally binding in all respects.
4. Timing. The Sweepstakes begins 12:00:01 a.m. (Start of Day) Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on Sunday, August 6, 2017 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There will be one drawing to award three (3) prizes. Potential winners will be randomly selected by the Administrator from all eligible entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Drawing. A random drawing for three (3) potential winners will be conducted by the Administrator on or about Tuesday, September 9, 2017 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Conduct of the Sweepstakes and the drawing are under the supervision of the Administrator.
6. Odds. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
7. Prizes. Three (3) winners will be awarded one of the three (3) prizes below.
One (1) Grand Prize: Trip for two (2) to Houston, Texas. Prize includes the following:
Roundtrip (coach class) air transportation from a major airport nearest to the winner’s home address to Houston, TX. If the winner lives within 150 miles of Houston, TX, ground transportation will replace air transportation as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion.
Three (3) nights’ (double occupancy) hotel accommodations at the Marriott Marquis Houston.
$500 spending money.
Winner and friend will receive free Skinner pasta for one (1) year.
Travel must be completed within six (6) months of award date.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize package is $3,200. Actual value may vary based on local market conditions. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
One (1) Second Prize: $500 to use on Care.com plus one year membership. Prize also includes one (1) year supply of Skinner® pasta for winner and a friend.
APV of the Second Prize package is $850.
One (1) Third Prize: One (1) year of Skinner® pasta for winner and a friend.
ARV of the Third Prize is $200.
Total ARV of all prizes is $4,250.
Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a particular prize for one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for any and all applicable local, state, and/or federal taxes and fees. The prizes will be sent to the address provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification (if any) or delivery that is lost, intercepted, returned, refused or not received for any reason. If prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential winner will forfeit prize and at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected.
TRAVEL PRIZE NOTES: Travel must be round trip. If air travel is required, Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground, transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the winner and his/her guest. Unless a child of the winner, travel companions must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary as the winner. Travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Actual retail value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination.
Trip winner and travel companion must have valid travel documents (e.g., government issued I.D., passport, etc.) along with any other travel requirements in order to travel by plane prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of Prize. Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for satisfying all legally required conditions of travel. Winner must have a valid major credit card to check-in to a hotel.
8. Entry. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.HowdySkinner.com, “click” on the Sweepstakes and follow the instructions to register. You may do any or all of the activities below during the Sweepstakes Period to receive one (1) entry for each activity.
A. Tweet “Skinner’s #HowdySkinnerSweepstakes is on!” Limit of one entry per day during the Sweepstakes Period.
B. Visit Skinner Pasta on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/skinnerpasta/. Limit of one entry during the Sweepstakes Period.
C. Follow Skinner Pasta on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/skinnerpasta/ Limit of one entry during the Sweepstakes Period.
D. Share a photo (see prohibited content note below) of you and your bestie on Twitter or Instagram using #HowdySkinnerSweepstakes. Limit one entry per day during the Sweepstakes Period.
E. Take a Poll. Limit of one entry during the Sweepstakes Period.
LIMIT: Entries in excess of any stated limitation and entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or any means that subvert the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor.
PROHIBITED CONTENT: Photos must not violate the rights of any other party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights or rights of privacy/publicity. Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any material that:
a) is sexually explicit or suggestive; is violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; is profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
b) promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
c) is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other Entry submission;
d) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, products or companies;
e) contains any personal identification, such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
f) contains any unauthorized third party products or trademarks;
g) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which the Sponsor wishes to associate;
h) infringes the rights of any third party (living or deceased);
i) violates any law; and/or
j) promotes any direct competitor
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate or stolen, entries.
If you opt to access the Sweepstakes via your wireless mobile device (only available via participating wireless carriers), data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
9. Winner Requirements. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute winner’s agreement and consent to Sponsor’s use of Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, avatar, and/or prize information in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Attributes”), for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any manner perpetually, worldwide, royalty-free, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further compensation, notification, permission or other consideration (except where prohibited by law) and releases the Sweepstakes Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Each winner of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to provide proof of identity, verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, and, unless prohibited by law, a complete written Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form, W-9 tax payer request for identification form and where legal, Publicity Release (“Affidavits”) as well as any other documents required by Sponsor, all of which must be received fully-executed within three (3) days of receipt or such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential prize winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason, such potential winner will be disqualified and at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected.
10. Release of Liability / Conditions of Participation.
A. Transmission of Information. Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or this Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of this Sweepstakes, the uploading, the processing or random selection of entries, the announcement of the Prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or mail; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the prizes; nor (7) loss or damages resulting from an entrant’s connection to the internet via any of the websites contained herein. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect, mistranscribed, misdirected or undeliverable entries, E-mail transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, or for any technical problems of any kind, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, or undeliverable E-mails resulting from any form of active or passive E-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or E-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s E-mail account to receive E-mail. Sponsor does not accept responsibility for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to entrants, to their computer equipment or to data which is stored on them, or to their personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator.
B. Fraud; Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of this Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. The preceding in no way precludes Sponsor from taking other actions against such individuals so as to protect its rights. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given circumstance does not constitute the waiver of such provision.
C. Release and Indemnity. By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Released Parties, their parents, affiliates, members and subsidiaries, and other entities involved in the development / production / administration of the Sweepstakes, and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations, from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
11. FORCE MAJEURE. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, terrorism or threats of terrorism, governmental regulation or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in its sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and conduct the Sweepstakes selecting the prize winner(s) for the relevant Sweepstakes Period from among all eligible entries received for such relevant Sweepstakes Period prior to the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court in the state of Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Texas.
13. Winners List. For the name of the winners (available after 9/25/17), send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Howdy Skinner Sweepstakes Winners, PO Box 2312, Framingham, MA 01703-2312, for receipt by 9/30/17.
© Riviana Foods Inc. All Rights Reserved