Reverb – Found on Reverb – Win a grand prize of an original 1964 Fender Stratocaster valued at $12,000 OR 1 of 2 runner-up prizes
Found On Reverb Official Rules
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
3) Promotion Period: The Contest begins on Monday, October 23 2017, at 10:00AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends on Monday, December 11th 2017, at 11:59PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4) How to Enter: To enter the Contest, browse reverb.com and find a listing of your dream gear. Create a post using the image or link from the listing page and post to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the hashtag #FoundOnReverb and tell us why it’s your dream piece of gear (your “Submission”). You must have a Twitter, Facebook or Instagram account to participate in this Contest. There is no purchase required to register for an account. To accept your Submission, your account and/or post to social media must be public; otherwise, we won’t be able to see your post. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram For your Submission to be eligible, your Submission must: (1) be shared publicly on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram and it must remain public during the Promotion Period; (2) involve a picture and/or link of your dream gear found on reverb with copy explaining why it is your dream gear and (3) the copy must contain the hashtag #FoundOnReverb. Limited to one submission per entrant. Submission restrictions are detailed below. The Submission should not prominently display, incorporate or reference the intellectual property, copyrights, or trademarks of any third party or entity (for example, without limitation, it must not include unlicensed third-party music, lyrics, graphics, etc.). The Submission must not otherwise require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction. It must not prominently display any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or identifiable commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to any third party corporate logos, brand names and slogans). The Submission must not contain defamatory statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group). The Submission must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; it must not violate privacy, publicity or other rights of any person, firm, entity, and it must not in any way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations. Submission must not include or show any dangerous behavior or activity or contain content that promotes dangerous activities that may result in injury to oneself or others. Submission must not contain indecent behavior, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, and must not in any way disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor. Submission must not include any personally identifiable information (e.g. last name, address, school, place of work, etc.) of Entrant or any other person(s), whether they appear in the photo Submission or not. Sponsor also reserves the right to exclude any Entrant if it deems a username, profile information or any portion of Entrant’s tweets to be offensive in any form. All violations of the above referenced standard will be determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and without the right to cure or appeal such a determination. If, in the opinion and sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, any entry violates any law, rule or regulation or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, illegible, incomplete or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or the Sponsor’s Terms and Conditions, Sponsor may disqualify the entry. This Contest may be cancelled in the event that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, an insufficient number of eligible entries are received. All submissions become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5) Contest Judging and Selection of Winners: After the Promotion Period ends, the Submissions will be judged by a qualified panel of judges (“Judges”), who will evaluate each Submission based on the following criteria: (i) representation/spirit of the Found on Reverb contest; (ii) creativity and originality; and (iii) expression of the Contest theme: Find your dream gear on Reverb and tell us why it’s your dream gear. (collectively, the “Criteria”). The judges will review all qualified Submissions and will select three (3) winners (individually “Winner” and collectively, “Winners”). Decisions of judges are final and binding. In the event there are not enough eligible Submissions, not all prizes will be awarded. If a potential Winner is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to another Entrant. Submission eligibility is subject to the verification of Sponsor, and in the event that a top-judged Submission is disqualified, an alternate Winner will be selected from among all eligible Submissions. Notification of Winners. At the end of Promotion Period, the Winners will be posted on Reverb’s social media accounts (Facebook: http://facebook.com/reverbmarket, Instagram: http://instagram.com/reverb and Twitter: http://twitter.com/reverbdotcom) If we choose you as a Winner, we will contact you to collect a bit of information from you, in order to give you your prize. If we do not get a response from you within 24 hours of our initial contact, we reserve the right to rescind the offer of a Prize to you, and we may award the Prize to another Entrant. In no event shall Sponsor aware more than the stated number of Prizes. Except where prohibited by law, Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release within seven (7) days (including Weekends and Postal Holidays) of attempted notification. Noncompliance with this time period may result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate Winner will be selected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether or not an Affidavit of Eligibility or Liability Release is necessary. Sponsor reserves the right to post each Winner’s first name and Submission on Reverb’s Twitter Page. Winners shall be announced no later than December 14, 2017 at 6:00PM ET.
6) Prizes: One (1) grand prize winner shall be awarded an original 1964 Fender Stratocaster (Estimate Value: $12,000 USD). Two (2) runner-ups Winners shall be awarded the dream gear listing of their choice up to $2,500 USD. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes is approximately $17,000. Limit one Prize per Entrant. The actual value may vary based on numerous factors. Certain restrictions may apply. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Winners are solely responsible for any local, state or federal taxes, and any other taxes, fees and costs connected with the Prize. Sponsor has not made and is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the Prize(s).
7) Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, testimonials, statements, prize information, and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a Prize, each Entrant and Winner agrees to participate in any and all publicity and promotional activities (except where prohibited) in connection with this Contest as reasonably designated by Sponsor.
8) Release: BY PARTICIPATING OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ITS, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS, CONTEST PARTNERS, PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS (“RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL EXISTING OR FUTURE ACTUAL OR ALLEGED ACTIONS, CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITIES OF WHATEVER NATURE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WRONGFUL DEATH AND DISABILITY), PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY OTHER KIND, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OF MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES.
9) Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries or Submissions. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes.
10) General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Where legal, participation in this Contest constitutes permission (and, where legal, Entrant agrees to confirm the grant in writing) to use in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed (including but not limited to the Internet), the Entrant’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and image for promotional, trade and/or publicity purposes without notice and at no additional compensation or review, unless prohibited by federal or state law. Submission of entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right in perpetuity to reproduce, publish, use, edit, adapt and/or modify such entry information, in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to Entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to entries, or other factors beyond its reasonable control. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. The use of automated or third party software or website to play the Contest is prohibited. Electronically or mechanically reproduced entries shall be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, all Submissions will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail account associated with the IP address used to submit the Submission. For these purposes, the e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to the e-mail address by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Disqualified or ineligible Entrants shall forfeit any awarded Prizes. Any attempt to redeem a Prize using multiple or different Reverb accounts will disqualify such Prize and the Entrant may be disqualified and any awarded Prizes may be forfeited. Forfeited prizes will not be re-awarded to alternate winners. All properly claimed Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Notice of suspension or modification of this Contest will be posted at https://reverb.com/page/giveaways Any fraud or attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to cooperate in the prosecution of any such individual(s) to pursue all remedies to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest in its entirety or any portion thereof if its integrity or proper operation is undermined, or because of any force majeure event and, in such case, to select the winner from the eligible entries received prior to cancellation or suspension.
11) Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees to waive all rights to a jury trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including without limitation the Contest, and Entrant waives its right to participate in any class action or representative action instituted in connection with this Contest or these Official Rules. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest, including but not limited to to issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by the laws of Illinois, regardless of its conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois. You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in the State of Illinois and you waive any right to claim forum non conveniens.
12) SPECIAL NOTICES FOR ENTRANTS IN DESIGNATED COUNTRIES/REGIONS. DENMARK: Sponsor must pay 17.5% of the prize value and must report the award of the prize no later than fourteen (14) days from the date of publication of the winner. FRANCE. Upon written request, Sponsor will refund to the participant the expense of the participant’s Internet connection incurred to enter the Promotion evaluated to the amount of €0.50. Participants will be required to provide proof that expenses were incurred to enter the Promotion. The postage used in this request may also be refunded upon written request to the Sponsor. GERMANY. The statutory liability of Sponsor for damages arising out of the participation in the Promotion shall be limited to the amount of damages typically foreseeable at the time of agreeing to these Official Rules in respect of damages caused by a slightly negligent breach of a material contractual obligation (i.e. a contractual duty the fulfilment of which enables the proper performance of this promotion, the breach of which endangers the purpose of these Official Rules and on the fulfilment of which participants in this promotion regularly rely). Sponsor shall not be liable for damages caused by a slightly negligent breach of a non-material contractual obligation. The aforesaid limitation shall also apply to promotion and advertising agencies of the Sponsor involved in the promotion, and all respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of each. The aforesaid limitations of liability shall, however, not apply to liability for assuming a specific guarantee or liability for damages caused by wilful or grossly negligent misconduct, or any kind of wilfully or negligently caused injuries to life, body or health.
13) VOID WHERE PROHIBITED : Entrants are responsible for knowing the applicable laws and regulations with respect to prizes and promotions in their country. To the extent any part or portion of this Contest is found to be violative of those laws and regulations, Entrant accepts sole liability for any violation and agrees to hold Reverb harmless from any fines, penalties or damages.
14) Sponsor: Reverb.com, LLC, address is 3345 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago IL 60657