ABC Disney Studios – BFG Dream – Win a 7-night Adventures by Disney travel package for 4 people to England and France valued at $28,916
The BFG Dream Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. TWITTER OR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT IN GOOD STANDING REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ENTRANTS UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IN ORDER TO ENTER. A PRIZE WON BY A MINOR IN HIS OR HER LEGAL JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCY WILL BE AWARDED IN THE NAME OF SAID MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. SPONSOR: ABC, Inc. d/b/a Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521 (“Sponsor”).
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Brandmovers Inc., 590 Means Street, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30318 (“Administrator”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: THE BFG DREAM SWEEPSTAKES (the “SWEEPSTAKES”) is Open and offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are THIRTEEN (13) years of age and older and who have a twitter OR FACEBOOK account in good standing. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, ABD, LLC, Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc. and each of their respective parent entities, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as advertising, sweepstakes, or production agencies or partners (and their respective dependents, immediate family members, including children, spouse, parents, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside, and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or win. Entry into the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other contest or sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes shall be subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, local laws and regulations and these Official Rules and by entering, all entrants agree that they have read these Official Rules, the Twitter terms and policies and agree to abide by and to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, Twitter and Facebook terms and policies and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. False and/or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on June 21, 2016 at 10:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends at 9:59:59 AM PT on July 11, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Administrator’s database clock is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, entrant (“Entrant”) must be a registered member of Twitter and/or Facebook with an account in good standing. To become a registered member of Twitter or Facebook (registration is free), go to www.twitter.com or www.facebook.com and follow the instructions to become a registered member and create an account (each an “Account” or collectively “Accounts”). Once registered for an Account, to enter: (a) visit The BFG Twitter Account (@DisneyStudios) or The BFG Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/BFGMovie); (b) find the image post promoting the #TheBFGDreamSweepstakes; and, (c) comment to that post on Facebook and/or reply to that post on Twitter with your dream and include the hashtag #TheBFGDreamSweepstakes (the “Hashtag”) to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (the “Entry”). Limit one (1) Entry per Account per day (regardless of whether one (1) person has more than one (1) Account or more than one (1) person uses the same Account). Any entrant who participates daily must submit a unique Entry for Entry to be eligible. All Entries must be received by 9:59:59 AM PT on July 10, 2016 to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Any attempts by an Entrant to submit more than forty (40) Entries total, one (1) per person/Account per day, may result in such Entrant being disqualified from the Sweepstakes in Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s absolute and sole discretion. Any attempt by any Entrant to enter by using multiple/different Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and may result in disqualification. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Entries, which may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Account from which the Entry was submitted. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address used to create the Account, by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the registered e-mail address. No automatically generated Entries will be accepted.
6. RANDOM DRAWING AND WINNER NOTIFICATION: Following the end of the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) potential grand prize winner (the “Potential Grand Prize Winner”) and five (5) potential first prize winners (each a “Potential First Prize Winner” and collectively with the Potential Grand Prize Winner, the “Potential Winners”) will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes, by Administrator whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. There are a total of six (6) prize winners (“Winner(s)”) throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period. Potential Winners will receive an initial notification by Administrator or Sponsor via a comment to their Entry post on or about July 12, 2016. Entrant must have his/her Account set to “Public” and not “Private” so that Administrator and/or Sponsor may be able to contact Entrant in the event that Entrant is a Potential Winner. It is each Entrant’s responsibility to timely check his/her Account for any comments or @replies from Sponsor or Administrator and to ensure that Entrant’s Account settings allow Entrant to receive comments and replies. Potential Winners will be required to be in contact with Administrator and/or Sponsor, after receiving the initial notification within seventy-two (72) hours to begin the winner verification process. The Potential Winner (or Potential Winner’s parent/legal guardian if the Potential Winner is deemed a minor in the state of his/her residence) must meet all eligibility requirements and may be required to provide their Social Security number, and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, and Publicity and Liability Release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”), each of which must be completed, signed and returned within five (5) days from date of issuance, or the prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner, time permitting. If any prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner. By accepting the prize, Winners (or Winner’s parent/legal guardian if Winner is deemed a minor in the state of his/her residence) represents and warrants they are in compliance with these Official Rules. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner may result from any of the following: [a] Potential Winner’s failure to respond to initial notification within seventy-two (72) hours after its transmission; [b] the failure of notification due to deactivation of the Potential Winner’s Account prior to receipt of notification; [c] Potential Winner’s failure to respond to Sponsor or Administrator’s email/comment and direction; [d] Potential Winner’s Account “privacy” is set so that the Potential Winner’s updates/responses/comments may not be visible by Sponsor; [e] Potential Winner’s failure to include the Hashtag in their Entry; [f] Potential Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; [g] Potential Winner’s failure to execute and return the Prize Claim Documents within five (5) days after it is emailed or mailed to the Potential Winner; [h] Potential Winners’ failure to validly claim the prize by July 31, 2016; and [i] any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. Once a Potential Winner has completed all requirements in these Official Rules and been verified by Sponsor and/or Administrator, they will be declared a Winner. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
7. PRIZES: Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize winner will receive an Adventures by Disney® travel package for Grand Prize winner and three (3) guests (“Guests”, together with the Grand Prize winner, the “Group”), to commence on or after August 1, 2016 and completed by August 1, 2017, consisting of eight (8) days/seven (7) nights to England and France (“Trip”). Trip consists of the following elements for the Group: [a] roundtrip coach air transportation from a major international commercial airport near Grand Prize winner’s residence (“Airport of Origin”) (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to a London, England area international airport (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and returning from a Paris, France area international airport (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); [b] hotel accommodations during the trip (one (1) standard room/quad occupancy per location) consisting of: three (3) nights at the Waldorf Hilton, London Hotel, four (4) nights at the Hilton Paris Opera Hotel ; [c] participation in a guided group travel experience (the “Group Travel Experience”) (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); [d] services of two (2) Adventure Guides for the Group Travel Experience; [e] transportation within the land package; [f] services of local experts; [g] on-tour luggage handling; [h] gratuities for Adventure Guides, bellmen, housekeepers, drivers, activity providers and dining room staff; [i] thirteen (13) scheduled meals (excludes alcoholic beverages); [j] entertainment and activities, (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and [k] travel taxes associated with the trip. The minimum and suggested ages for this trip are four (4) and six (6), respectively. The Group Travel Experience is not a private tour and may be attended by up to forty (40) other travelers. Additional restrictions and/or inclusions regarding the Trip may apply. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $28,916. Actual prize value depends on the location of the winner’s residence, number of Guests and dates of travel. First Prize: There will be five (5) First Prize Winners for the Sweepstakes Period. Each First Prize Winner will receive one (1) $50 movie gift card as selected by Sponsor. ARV of each Weekly Prize: $50.00. Total ARV for all First Prizes: $250.00. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $29,166.00.
8. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Grand Prize: Travel must be booked by September 30, 2016. Travel must be completed between August 1, 2016 and August 1, 2017. If travel is not booked by required date or completed within the required dates the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Adventures by Disney booking, cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply. Group must travel together on the same Trip and must travel from the same Airport of Origin. All members of the Group will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability prior to participation. Members of the Group are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (valid photo I.D., credit card, Passport, etc.) before departure and all travelers must be at least four (4) years old at time of travel. Any picture identification requirements associated with air travel are the winner and travel guest’s responsibility. Grand Prize winner and Grand Prize winner’s Guests must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, or if any such person is under eighteen (18) years of age, the Grand Prize winner or one of the other members of the Group must be such person’s parent or legal guardian. If the Grand Prize Winner elects to travel with fewer than three (3) Guests or partake in the Grand Prize with no travel companions, the Grand Prize will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of travelers with no additional compensation or substitute prize being awarded to the Grand Prize Winner. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Grand Prize winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the Grand Prize winner’s residence and any Airport of Origin, activities and ground transportation not expressly included in the Trip, meals not included in the Trip, alcoholic beverages, excess luggage fees, , customs and immigration fees; passport costs; travel protection insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs, spa services and other optional activities, telephone calls and some additional taxes which are not expressly included in the Trip. Trip components are subject to change without notice. Any depiction of the Trip is for illustrative purposes only and may not reflect actual prize won. Any difference between ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Winner is responsible for any transportation not specifically noted in these rules. Certain restrictions, as determined by Sponsor, may apply. If the Group cannot comply with these restrictions or any portion of these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be chosen. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent and on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. If winner and guest cannot travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Grand Prize travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, weather, seasonal influences, and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel dates will be subject to availability. Flight details are subject to availability and airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. The Trip may not be combined with any other offer, and travel may not qualify for frequent flier miles, award points or other perquisites. None of the Released Parties (as defined below) are responsible for lost or mutilated tickets and none will be replaced. Airline tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not valid for upgrades. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. The hotel accommodations and airline tickets will be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide a major credit card upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card. Any damage to the room attributed to the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guest(s) will be the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner and Guest(s) will be required to provide a valid government issued passport at time of travel. Passport, photo identification and credit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges (e.g., room service, use of telephone/IT services, laundry and all other optional extra services not provided in the Grand Prize). If any portion of the prize is not available for any reason then the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute that portion of the prize with another prize of comparable or greater value. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest(s) hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for any part of the Grand Prize. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest(s) to arrive at the designated gateway airport in time for each flight that is part of the Grand Prize. Sponsor bears no responsibility if any event, element or detail of the Grand Prize is canceled, postponed or becomes unavailable for any reason. Should any event, element or detail of the Grand Prize become unavailable, Sponsor shall have no obligation to the Grand Prize Winner aside from providing the travel portion of the Grand Prize, minus any unavailable element or detail. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest(s) shall be subject to all terms and conditions printed on any ticket issued in conjunction with the Grand Prize. In the event the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guest(s) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Trip or other applicable experience early. In the event the Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest(s) is denied entry into any ticketed location or is removed or barred from any ticketed location for any other reason, Sponsor is not responsible and no further compensation or award will be provided. First Prizes: All gift cards are subject to other terms, conditions and restrictions. All Prizes: Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other Sweepstakes or offer. Prize elements may not be separated. In the event any portion of a Prize cannot be awarded as stated, that portion of the Prize will go unawarded. Costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specifically stated herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable, non-refundable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any additional charges applied during gift card usage. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute one (1) or more of the Prizes for prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason. All taxes (including, without limitation, local, state and federal income taxes) and the reporting consequences thereof associated with the use and acceptance of a Prize is solely the responsibility of the Winner (or Winner’s parent/legal guardian if Winner is deemed a minor in the state of his/her residence), who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value (pursuant to applicable tax laws depending on the Prize value). All Prizes will be awarded; provided that they are validly claimed by July 31, 2016, after which no alternate Winner(s) will be selected, nor unclaimed Prize(s) awarded. Weekly Prizes will be delivered ninety (90) days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Limit of one (1) Prize per person per household. Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any Prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting any Prize you may win, you agree, represent and warrant that: [a] you will be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which shall be final in all respects; [b] the Entry will not be acknowledged or returned; [c] you release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities, Twitter, Facebook, and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Sweepstakes, and their respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents and subcontractors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prizes, participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer information; [d] the Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Sweepstakes or the Prizes; [e] Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes the grant to Sponsor and assignment of an unconditional right to use Winner’s Twitter handle/Facebook account, name, address (city and state only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and Prize information, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or live and taped performances of interviews for any programming, publicity, advertising and Sweepstakes purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law; [f] in the event viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, Acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism or other matters beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control, corrupt, prevent or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, so that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Official Rules or to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes; and in such event, to select potential Winners by such method as Sponsor in its sole discretion shall consider equitable from all eligible Entries received prior to such termination or suspension; [g] the Released Parties are not responsible for human, typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: errors in the advertising, Official Rules and selection and announcement of the Winners; [h] any portion of a Prize not accepted or used by the Winner will be forfeited; [i] the Released Parties are not responsible for any inability of the Winner to accept or use the Prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason; [j] Sponsor has the right to modify Prize award procedures at its sole discretion; [k] the Released Parties are not responsible for changes to Twitter or Facebook functions that may interfere with the Sweepstakes or your ability to timely enter; and [l] Released Parties are not responsible for any failure of delivery of potential Winner notification.
11. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, postage due, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected, stolen Entries; or for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Account used, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified (and all associated Entries will be void), and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such Entrant’s eligibility to participate in this or any other Sweepstakes offered by Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from Twitter or Facebook. Without limiting the release provided above, and for greater certainty, Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by wireless device users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries; (b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (c) any problems with or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (d) any failure of any message to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or wireless waves or at any website or combination thereof; or (e) damage to a Entrant’s or other person’s system or equipment occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes.
12. DISPUTES: Entrant (or Entrant’s parent if Entrant is deemed a minor in the state of his/her residence) agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any Prizes awarded, including those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of Winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNER’S LIST: For an official Winner’s list (available after 7/31/16), or a copy of these Official Rules (before 7/11/16), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The BFG Dream Sweepstakes – WINNER’S LIST OFFICIAL RULES (please specify official Winners’ list or Official Rules), c/o Brandmovers Inc., 590 Means Street, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30318. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage on all requests. Official Rules may also be obtained during the Sweepstakes Period at https://www.facebook.com/notes/disn….