Cost Plus World Market – The Performance Watch & Win – Win 1 of 7 World Market gift cards valued at $1,000 each
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 OR OLDER (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO, AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS). VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1) ELIGIBILITY: The Cost Plus World Market “THE PERFORMANCE” Watch & Win Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (excluding residents of Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions). Void in Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited. Employees of Cost Plus World Market (“Sponsor”), Haley Miranda Group, Inc. (“Administrator” or “Judges”), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. The Promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
2) TIMING: The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 11/06/17 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/24/17 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period will be divided into seven (7) weekly periods as outlined in the chart below (each, a “Weekly Period”).
Weekly Period: Begins at
12:01 a.m. ET on: Ends at
11:59 p.m. ET on: Random drawing
conducted on or about:
1 11/06/17 11/12/17 11/14/17
2 11/13/17 11/19/17 11/21/17
3 11/20/17 11/26/17 11/28/17
4 11/27/17 12/03/17 12/05/17
5 12/04/17 12/10/17 12/12/17
6 12/11/17 12/17/17 12/19/17
7 12/18/17 12/24/17 12/27/17
3) HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, visit www.worldmarketsweepstakes.com] and follow the instructions to complete the online entry form and watch the video provided on the page. Then, using the information provided in the video submit your answer to the provided multiple choice trivia question and submit. If you answer the multiple choice trivia question correctly you will receive two (2) entries into the applicable Weekly Period drawing. If you answer the multiple choice trivia question incorrectly you will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Weekly Period drawing. You will only receive one (1) trivia question per Weekly Period and will only receive one (1) opportunity to answer the provided question. There will be seven (7) trivia questions made available throughout the Promotion Period with one (1) trivia question randomly assigned to you each Weekly Period. Exact trivia question assigned to you each Weekly Period to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Maximum limit of two (2) trivia question entries per person per Weekly Period. You may only use one (1) email address to enter the Promotion. Trivia question entries must be received no later than the end dates and times specified in the chart above to be eligible for the applicable Weekly Period drawing.
Bonus entries; there are four (4) ways to receive bonus entries: 1) Facebook Share: Each day during the Promotion Period, visit www.worldmarketsweepstakes.com and follow the directions provided to log-in to your Facebook account and share the Promotion on your Facebook timeline. You will receive one (1) bonus entry if a friend or family member clicks the share link provided and successfully enters the Promotion. A maximum of one (1) bonus entry will be earned via this method per day regardless of the number of friends you share the Promotion with. 2) Twitter Share: Each day during the Promotion Period, visit www.worldmarketsweepstakes.com and follow the directions provided to log-in to your Twitter account and share the Promotion on your Twitter feed. You will receive one (1) bonus entry if a friend or family member clicks the share link provided and successfully enters the Promotion. A maximum of one (1) bonus entry will be earned via this method per day regardless of the number of friends you share the Promotion with.
3) Email Share: Each day during the Promotion Period, visit www.worldmarketsweepstakes.com and follow the directions provided to share the Promotion on via email. You will receive one (1) bonus entry if a friend or family member clicks the share link in the email provided and successfully enters the Promotion. A maximum of one (1) bonus entry will be earned via this method per day regardless of the number of friends you share the Promotion with.
4) Mail-in: To receive three (3) bonus entries without sharing the Promotion via social media or email, on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper, hand-print your name, complete address, daytime and evening telephone numbers (area code included), and date-of-birth, and mail entry in a properly stamped #10 envelope to: Cost Plus World Market “THE PERFORMANCE” Watch & Win Sweepstakes, 8654 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232. Mail-in bonus entry requests must be postmarked no later than the end dates and times specified in the chart above to be eligible for the applicable Weekly Period drawing. All mail-in entries must be mailed in separately. Limit of one (1) mail-in bonus entry request per person per day for a maximum of three (3) bonus entries earned via this method per day.
You may only share the Promotion with persons whom you have an existing relationship and who are eligible to enter the Promotion. There will be a maximum limit of three (3) bonus entries per person per day (maximum of one (1) bonus entry per method) throughout the Promotion Period. Bonus entries received in excess of the stated daily limitation will be void. Trivia question entries or bonus entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. For the purposes of this Promotion, a day is understood to begin at 12:00 a.m. ET and end at 11:59 p.m. ET that same day. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If a dispute over the identity of an entrant cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry(ies) will be disqualified.
4) WINNER VERIFICATION: Potential winners for each Weekly Period will be selected in a random drawing on or about the dates specified in the chart above from among all eligible trivia question entries and bonus entries received for each Weekly Period by Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible trivia question entries and bonus entries received for each Weekly Period. Non-winning entries from one Weekly Period will carry over to subsequent Weekly Period drawings, if any. Potential winners will be notified by phone, email and/or mail and potential Grand Prize winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, tax form and, where legal, a publicity release (collectively, the “Eligibility Documents”) within five (5) calendar days of date of issuance. If potential winners cannot be reached within five (5) calendar days from the first notification attempt, in the event of noncompliance within the above stated Eligibility Documents time period or with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the applicable prize. If a potential winner is an eligible minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
5) GRAND PRIZES (7) (One (1) awarded per Weekly Period): A $1,000 World Market Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $1,000.00.
Gift Cards are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by Sponsor. No substitution, assignment, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Total ARV of all prizes: $7,000.00. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
6) TAXES AND EXPENSES: Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and all other fees and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being awarded.
7) CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By participating, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Judges, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries.
8) GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, entrants consent to the use of their names, cities and states of residence, voices, and/or photographs and/or similar related information for promotional, advertising and other purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, Twitter and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors, retailers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from any claims, actions, injury, liability, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Promotion or from the acceptance or use or misuse of any prize awarded.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Releasees are not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or cable, satellite, telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Promotion; (iv) late, lost, undelivered, misdirected, delayed, damaged, inaccurate, garbled or incomplete trivia question entries, bonus entries, emails, share links, or for any electronic, computer, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of trivia question entries, bonus entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Promotion-related materials (including these Official Rules); or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware, or software, which injury or damage may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion for any reason, including if bugs, virus, fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity, administration or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes for the Weekly Period(s) at issue in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received for the applicable drawing(s) up to the time of such impairment.
10) ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11) CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA.
12) RULES/WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 01/04/18, or for an additional copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Cost Plus World Market “THE PERFORMANCE” Watch & Win Sweepstakes, 8654 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232. Please specify “Rules” or “Winners List”. Requests must be received by 02/04/18. Vermont residents may omit return postage for “Rules” requests. You may also view these Official Rules at www.worldmarketsweepstakes.com.
13) SPONSOR: Cost Plus World Market, 1201 Marina Village Parkway, Alameda, CA 94501.
14) ADMINISTRATOR: Haley Miranda Group, 8654 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232.