Frito-Lay – Ruffles RIDGE Challenge – Win 1 of 2 grand prizes of a trip for 2 to the NBA OR hundreds of minor prizes
RUFFLES® RIDGE CHALLENGE
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING THE RUFFLES® RIDGE CHALLENGE (“PROMOTION”) PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of any of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age (19 in AL or NE) or older at the time of participation. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, participating retailers, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), NBA Properties, Inc., the National Basketball Association (the “NBA”), and the NBA member teams (collectively, the “NBA Entities”) including its affiliates and agents, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion).
2. PROMOTION OVERVIEW: The Promotion consists of two (2) separate components: (a) an Instant-Win Game and (b) a Contest. You are not required to participate in both components of the Promotion. Participation into one (1) component does not constitute participation in the other. See below for complete details on how to participate in both components of the Promotion.
3. PROMOTION TIMING: Promotion begins at 12:00:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on January 30, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on March 31, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). For the Contest portion of the Promotion, the Promotion Period consists of five (5) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as outlined in the Contest Schedule below. At the beginning of each Entry Period (“at the time of Sponsor’s post”), Sponsor will post an “All-Star Shot” as further described in Section 5. The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Promotion.
01/30/17, at time of Sponsor’s post
03/31/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
02/06/17, at time of Sponsor’s post
03/31/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
02/20/17, at time of Sponsor’s post
03/31/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
03/06/17, at time of Sponsor’s post
03/31/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
03/20/17, at time of Sponsor’s post
03/31/17, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
4. TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INSTANT-WIN GAME: A Code is required to play the Instant-Win Game. To obtain a Code, purchase any RUFFLES® brand product, during the Promotion Period, and look for the 9 to 11-digit product code (“Code”) located below the “guaranteed fresh” statement on the front of the RUFFLES® brand bag. To receive one (1) Code without making a purchase, call 1-888-859-4027 and follow the automated instructions. For each completed call, you will receive one (1) free Code. Limit one (1) free Code per person/day.
During the Promotion Period and upon obtaining a Code, visit the www.ruffles.com (“Web Site”) and follow the online instructions to register (to include selecting your retailer, if any) and submit your Code to determine if you have won an Instant-Win Prize (subject to verification) (a “Play”).
If you select any retailer “General Grocery or General Convenience” as your retailer during the registration process, you will be submitting a Play for a chance to win a General Instant-Win Prize only.
For each Prize Pool, randomly selected times, during the Promotion Period, will be chosen by the independent judging organization (the “Judges”), and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator’s computer(s) on or immediately after a randomly selected time) will win an Instant-Win Prize (subject to verification). If your computer screen displays a prize-winning message, you are a potential winner of an Instant-Win Prize (subject to verification). If your computer screen displays a non-winning prize message, you are not a winner of an Instant-Win Prize. Odds of winning an Instant-Win Prize depend on the number of eligible Plays received and the order in which they are received.
For each eligible Play (regardless of the retailer you selected, if any), you will receive a R-I-D-G-E Letter. A “R-I-D-G-E Letter” is defined as one (1) of the five letters in the word “RIDGE”. The first time you submit a Play, you will receive the letter “R”. The second time you submit a Play, you will receive the letter “I”. The third time you submit a Play, you will receive the letter “D”. The fourth time you submit a Play, you will receive the letter “G”. The fifth time you submit a Play, you will receive the letter “E”. Once you have collected all five (5) R-I-D-G-E Letters, you will receive one (1) entry into the Instant-Win Game Grand Prize Drawing. See Section 9 for the Instant-Win Game Grand Prize Drawing details.
Limit one (1) Play per Code. Limit five (5) Plays per day per person/email address. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT. All Plays must be properly received and recorded by the Sponsor’s computer within the Promotion Period in order to be eligible to win a prize.
5. TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST: For each Entry Period, Sponsor’s RUFFLES® brand will publish a Dude Perfect Inspiration Video on www.facebook.com/ruffles, https://www.instagram.com/ruffles and/or https://www.twitter.com/ruffles inviting participants to submit a video of themselves taking an “All-Star Shot” mimicking the shot performed in the Dude Perfect Inspiration Video (the “Video”) for the corresponding Entry Period via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter as further described below. The Video must include the hashtags #RufflesRidge and #Contest and either a Ruffles product or the word “Ruffles” printed on a sign or piece of paper (altogether, the “Contest Entry”). Purchase of a Ruffles product will not increase your chance of winning. The Contest Entry must include the video and both hashtags for your Contest Entry to be considered valid. Contest Entries will be judged. See Section 8 for Judging Criteria.
NOTE: You must submit a minimum of five (5) total Contest Entries via the same social media platform (Ruffles Facebook brand page, Instagram or Twitter) (regardless of the Entry Period) in order to be eligible for the Contest Grand Prize. This minimum entry requirement only applies to the Contest Grand Prize and does not apply to Contest First Prizes.
All Contest Entries must be received and recorded within the Promotion Period. Videos must not exceed 60 seconds in length. Video commentary (if any) must be in English. Video format must be compatible with the social media site used for submitting the Entry.
(a) RUFFLES® Facebook Page: Upload your Contest Entry on Sponsor’s Contest post at www.facebook.com/ruffles with the appropriate hashtags (as stated above). Entrant must be a registered Facebook user and must have a public profile on the Facebook account used to enter in order for Sponsor to see the Contest Entry and to be contacted by Sponsor if he/she is selected as a winner. If you are not a registered member of Facebook, please visit http://www.facebook.com to register for a free account.
(a) Instagram: Post your Contest Entry on your personal Instagram page with the appropriate hashtags (as stated above). Entrant must also be a follower of @Ruffles (on Instagram) and must have a public profile on the Instagram account used to enter in order for Sponsor to be contacted by Sponsor if he/she is selected as a winner. An Instagram account can be created for free by visiting http://instagram.com and following the appropriate link to download the free Instagram application. To become a follower of @Ruffles on Instagram, visit https://www.instagram.com/ruffles (also the “Web Site”).
(a) Twitter: Tweet your Contest Entry via Twitter with the appropriate hashtags (as stated above). Entrant must also be a follower of @Ruffles (on Twitter) and must have a public profile on the Twitter account used to enter in order for Sponsor to be contacted by Sponsor if he/she is selected as a winner. There is no charge to sign up for Twitter. If you do not have a Twitter account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Twitter account at http://twitter.com. To become a follower of @Ruffles on Twitter, visit https://www.twitter.com/ruffles (also the “Web Site”).
Limit one (1) Contest Entry per person/social media platform per day.
If the Contest Entry contains or includes multiple people, the one (1) person submitting the Contest Entry with their social media account will be considered the entrant and only that entrant is eligible to win a prize. No other person in the Contest Entry is eligible to receive a prize. Neither Sponsor nor its representatives are liable for any disputes arising from or related to the Promotion in this regard.
By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant agrees that it conforms to the “Contest Entry Guidelines” specified in Section 7 and that Sponsor may disqualify him/her from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Contest Entry fails to conform to such guidelines. Contest Entries that are not in accordance with the Contest Entry Guidelines and the Promotion Official Rules will be ineligible.
Data rates may apply if entering with a mobile phone or other Web-enabled device. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
BY SUBMITTING A CONTEST ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTEST ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF SPONSOR’S DIGITAL AND SOCIAL ASSETS, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of a Contest Entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such Contest Entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
6. ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Applicable to the Instant-Win Game and Contest. Multiple entrants may not share the same email address or social media account. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address or social media account associated with the winning Play or Contest Entry and/or an eligible entrant. Entrants may not register/enter with multiple email addresses or social media accounts nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register/enter under multiple identities. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or social media accounts under multiple identities will be disqualified and shall forfeit any prize won, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Contest Entries must meet the following guidelines: (a) Must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Web Site; (b) Cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any political, ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; (c) Cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (d) Cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (e) Cannot promote terrorist acts such as providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other such weapons or provide instructional information about illegal activities; (f) Cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging or slanderous remarks about Sponsor, its customers or its products, or other people, products or companies; (g) Cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (except Sponsor’s trademarks, logos or trade dress), or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except Sponsor’s products), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (h) Cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art, stills, or images published on or in television, movies, the Internet or other media, except such materials owned by Sponsor) without permission; (i) Cannot contain background artwork, unless it is an original work of the participant; (j) Cannot include music, unless it is an original work of the entrant; (k) Cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the participant, without permission; (l) Cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and (m) Cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
If you think that any Contest Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, please follow the notification guidelines as stated herein. Frito Lay North America, Inc. investigates notices of alleged infringement and takes appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c) (“DMCA”). Frito-Lay’s Designated Agent to receive notifications of claimed copyright infringement is: By Mail: Jeanette Zimmer, 7701 Legacy Drive, Mail Drop 3A-421, Plano, Texas 75024. By Email: Jeanette.firstname.lastname@example.org. Your notice of claimed infringement must include the following information: (a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity, and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address; (e) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law; and (f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. For more details on the information required for valid notification, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3). Under the DCMA, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEB SITE (IF ANY) WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
8. CONTEST WINNER DETERMINATION: All eligible Contest Entries received for the for the entire Promotion Period will be judged by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agency on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (a) 40% Similarity to Dude Perfect inspiration shot; (b) 30% Most memorable; (c) 20% Ruffles product or sign placement and (d) 10% Video quality. The entrant receiving the highest cumulative point score for the Judging Criteria AND who submitted a minimum of five (5) Contest Entries within the Promotion Period using the same social media platform, will be deemed the Contest Grand Prize winner. The Contest Entries receiving the next ten (10) highest cumulative scores will be deemed Contest First Prize winners. In case of a tie, tied entrants will be broken by cumulative points awarded for “40% Similarity to Dude Perfect inspiration shot”. If the tie continues, then tie(s) will be broken by the entrant receiving the highest cumulative point score in the second criterion. If a tie still remains, the tied Entries will be judged by a new panel of judges to determine a winner.
9. INSTANT-WIN GAME – GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: One (1) Instant-Win Game Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about April 4, 2017 from among all eligible Instant-Win Game Grand Prize Drawing entries received by the Judges. Odds of winning the Instant-Win Game Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible Instant-Win Game Grand Prize Drawing entries received.
10. PRIZE DETAILS:
Instant-Win Game Grand Prize (1): Trip for winner and one (1) guest to attend the 2018 NBA All-Star Game (“Game”). Exact travel dates to be determined at a later date, by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from a major airport nearest winner’s home), standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations for one (1) night; two (2) Game tickets; and $1,000 spending money (awarded in the form of a pre-paid debit card). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4,600.
National Instant-Win Prizes (277): $100 NBA Store e-Gift Card redeemable at store.nba.com. NBA Store e-Gift Card is subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer. ARV: $100 each. Limit one (1) National Instant-Win Prize per person/household. A National Instant-Win Prize winner is eligible to win the Instant-Win Game Grand Prize.
Contest Grand Prize (1): Trip for winner and (1) guest to attend a 2017-2018 regular season Dallas Mavericks game (“Game”) with Dude Perfect in Dallas, TX. Exact travel dates to be determined at a later date, by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from a major airport nearest winner’s home), standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations for one (1) night; two (2) premium Game tickets; and $1,000 spending money (awarded in the form of a pre-paid debit card). ARV: $3,870.
Contest First Prizes (10): $500 NBA Store e-Gift Card redeemable at store.nba.com. NBA Store e-Gift Card is subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer. ARV: $500 each. Limit one (1) Contest First Prize per person/household. A Contest First Prize winner is eligible to win the Contest Grand Prize if they submitted a minimum of five (5) Contest Entries within the Promotion Period using the same social media platform.
For both the Instant-Win Game Grand Prize and the Contest Grand Prize: Pre-paid debit cards are subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer. Exact travel dates to be determined by Sponsor at a later date, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Game tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Seat locations will be determined by the NBA. Game/travel subject to availability and change. Selection of airline and hotel are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner will be required to provide a credit card prior to check-in and is solely responsible for all incidental charges and may be required to sign an additional liability release for the use of the accommodations. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled prize-related activities (including, but not limited to airline flights and Games) beyond its control. In the event winner and/or guest misses a scheduled airline flight (through no fault of Sponsor or due to Force Majeure), Sponsor will have no liability for any costs associated with changing or rebooking transportation. All travel is subject to availability, change, government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation terminal (or other types of transportation) restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license or passport) required for travel. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. A minor guest (under age of 18; 19 in AL or NE) must be accompanied at all times by minor’s parent or legal guardian who must be the winner. Guest (or his/her parent or legal guardian if minor) must complete and return a Liability/Travel Release prior to prize-award date. If winner cannot travel on the dates specified, prize may be forfeited. Ground transportation, meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein as part of the prize are solely winner’s responsibility. Actual value depends on city/date/time of departure.
A winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Total value of all Instant-Win Game Prizes is $36,500. Total value of all Contest Prizes is $8,870.
11. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Instant-Win Prize winners will be notified at the time of playing and will be provided with prize claim instructions within the winning message. Potential Contest winners and the Instant-Win Game Grand Prize winner will be notified within approximately two (2) weeks of the Promotion end date. The Instant-Win Game- Grand Prize winner will be contacted by email, phone and/or mail at the contact information provided at the time of registration. If a potential Contest winner participated via Facebook or Instagram, Sponsor (@Ruffles) will comment on potential winner’s Entry submission and request potential winner’s email address. If a potential winner participated via Twitter, Sponsor (@Ruffles) will direct message potential winner and request potential winner’s email address. Potential winners will be required to follow instructions on the notification and provide their email address within seventy-two (72) hours of notification. Sponsor or Sponsor’s agency partner will then contact potential winner via email to verify identity and contact information. Potential winners must provide the requested information as stated within the email within seventy-two (72) hours or prize may be forfeited. Instant-Win Game Grand Prize Winner and Contest Grand Prize Winner (or winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in the state of his/her residence) will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in entrant’s social media account information or if potential winner’s applicable account does not allow for Sponsor to be able to contact him/her as stated in Section 5 or for suspended or discontinued wireless or Internet service which may result in a potential winner not receiving an initial prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant’s email address, mailing address or phone number. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner does not respond as indicated above within the required time frame, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if winner cannot be verified, or if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. If a prize, or any portion thereof, is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability to award that prize.
Applicable to Contest Winners: By accepting a Contest Prize, each Contest winner agrees that his/her Contest Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the Contest winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Contest Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Each Contest winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that Contest winner may now or later have to his/her Contest Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Contest Entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, each Contest winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Contest Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Promotion: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless service providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the uploading of any entries, the announcement of the prizes or these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related materials. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer or Web-enabled device resulting from participation in the Promotion. In the event of an identity dispute of a participant, the entry or Play will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address associated with the account used for entry. “Registered owner” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
13. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree (a) to release Sponsor and Promotion Parties and the NBA Entities and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Released Parties”) from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Promotion; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, recipients (a) agree that the Released Parties and/or Facebook, Instagram, Inc. or Twitter will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, including travel thereto and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor, the NBA Entities and their designees and assigns the right to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements, biographical information, and Entry (which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation or consideration, unless prohibited by law. Released Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Promotion is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
14. INSTANT-WIN GAME DISCLAIMER: Codes are void if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels, or if any part is defective, altered, duplicated, photocopied, forged, counterfeited, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if Codes contain or are the result of printing, seeding, typographical, mechanical or other errors, or do not contain proper security devices. Sole liability for a regular official Code is limited to replacement with a free randomly selected official Code, while supplies last. Codes may not be transferred, sold, bartered, auctioned (including through Internet auction sites), given away, traded or obtained through any source other than through the method described in these Official Rules. All submitted Codes become property of Sponsor, and will not be returned. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, seeding, printing or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes, set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves right to award only the stated number of prizes.
15. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their prize, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and the actual retail value will not be awarded. No transfer of prize is permitted. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except manufacturer’s standard written warranty included in the prize packaging. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to (a) cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, and (b) disqualify any individual who is responsible for such action. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all eligible entries/Plays (as applicable) received up to time of such action in a manner as determined by an independent judging agency. This Promotion is offered only in the United States and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Collin or Dallas Counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by May 1, 2017 to: Ruffles RIDGE Challenge Winner’s List, 10 South 5th Street, 7th Floor, Dept. 879-713, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
17. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc. 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2017 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.