Band Aid – Win a $10,715 trip for 4 to the 2016 Radio Disney Music Awards in Los Angeles OR a trip for 2 to New York, NY an more prizes by June 27, 2015!
BAND-AID BRAND “ STUCK ON ME” SING – ALONG CONTEST
ENDS ON June 27, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET
The BAND-AID® Brand “Stuck On Me” Sing-Along Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is greater, at the time of entry and who did not purchase any equipment for the purposes of entering this Contest.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES
Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
The Contest begins on April 6, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time, ends on June 27, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET and consists of six (6) phases (each a “Phase”) as set forth in the chart below.
Submission 1, Submission 2, Submission 3, and Submission 4 described below shall each be referred to herein as a “Submission Phase.”
Phase Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. ET) – End Date (at 11:59 p.m. ET)
• Submission 1 April 6, 2015 – April 20, 2015
• Submission 2 April 21, 2015 – May 6, 2015
• Submission 3 May 7, 2015 – May 22, 2015
• Submission 4 May 23, 2015 – June 6, 2015
• Judging Phase June 7, 2015 – June 12, 2015
• Voting Phase June 13, 2015 – June 27, 2015
Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4.HOW TO ENTER
During one (1) of the Submission Phases, visit www.bandaid.com/stuckonme (“Website”) or the BAND-AID® Brand Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/bandaid) and click on the “Stuck On Me Video Contest” application. Once you visit the Website or enter the Facebook application, follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form (including your name, a valid email address and your date of birth) and upload one (1) video of you (and any others who have consented to appear and/or your child/ren, if applicable, provided that your Submission may not contain any more than six (6) number of people), singing the BAND-AID® Brand jingle (should not exceed forty-five (45) seconds and must use the version of the jingle provided on the entry page), a short description of the video (one hundred (100) words or fewer) and a title of the video (not to exceed fifteen (15) words) (before collectively referred to as your “Submission”). No other music or instruments should be used in the video. By completing the requirements for submission, you will be entered into, and your Submission will be considered in, the applicable Submission Phase during which your Submission was received. Non-winning Submissions from one Submission Phase will be considered in any subsequent Submission Phase. By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Video Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions or is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. If your Submission is rejected, you may have another opportunity to upload a Submission until your Submission is accepted. By uploading your Submission, you further acknowledge that your Submission will be posted on the Website and the BAND-AID® Brand Facebook page and that it will be sharable by others.
• The Submission must comply with the terms and conditions of Facebook (depending on method of entry);
• The Submission must be entrant’s own and individual work product (except the jingle);
• You cannot purchase any equipment for the purpose of entering the Contest;
• •The Submission (including the video, title and description) must be in English;
• The BAND-AID® Brand jingle must be sung in its original version; no words or tune can be changed;
• The Submission must be in avi, dv, mov, qt, mpg, mpg2, mpg4, 3gp, 3g2, asf, or wmv format;
• The Submission must not exceed forty five (45) seconds in length;
• The Submission must not exceed forty (40) MB in size;
• The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means; and
• The Submission must not contain any additional musical instrumentation; entrant (and others in the Submission) may only sing the theme song.
The Submission must not contain music other than the music provided on the entry page;
• The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• The Submission must not include the image of a child under the age of eighteen (18), unless the entrant is such child’s parent/legal guardian.
• The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, its products or services, Administrator, The Walt Disney Company, Inc., or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
• The Submission must not contain brand names, brand logos, or trademarks without permission, to the extent permission is necessary, other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to create and enter a Submission in this Contest;
• The Submission must not contain brand names, brand logos, or trademarks of any product that competes with Sponsor’s bandage brand products in the field of wound care, including the BAND-AID® Brand;
• The Submission must not contain text, images or artwork not created by entrant;
• The Submission must not contain material that Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The Submission must not contain material that Sponsor deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
• The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
• Limit: Each entrant may submit one (1) Submission during only one (1) of the Submission Phases. Any attempt by any person to submit more than the stated number of Submissions by using multiple/different email addresses, accounts, identities, registrations, and logins, or any other methods will void all of that entrant’s Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified from this Contest. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the submission process are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions, including the names, likenesses and performances embodied therein, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions or votes; all of which will be void. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. WINNER DETERMINATION
Winners will be determined according to the process set forth below.
a. SUBMISSION PHASE
At the end of each Submission Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select two (2) entrants per Submission Phase with the highest-scoring Submission (the “Submission Phase Finalists”) from among all eligible Submissions received for that Submission Phase based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
• Personality/Energy (20%);
• Quality of Submission (20%); and
• Fit to Contest Theme (40%)
• In the event of a tie in any Submission Phase, the entrant from among those tied whose Submission received the highest score for Fit to Contest Theme, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Submission Phase Finalist. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of Submission Phase Finalists for any Submission Phase, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions for that Submission Phase.
b. JUDGING PHASE
During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select four (4) additional entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions from all remaining Submissions from all Submission Phases combined (excluding the Submission Phase Finalists) (the “Judging Phase Finalists”) based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
• Personality/Energy (20%)
• Quality of Submission (20%); and
• Fit to Contest Theme (40%)
• In the event of a tie, the entrant(s) from among those tied whose Submission(s) received the highest score(s) for Fit to Contest Theme, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Judging Phase Finalist(s). For clarity, Submission Phase Finalists are not eligible to also be Judging Phase Finalists. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than four (4) Judging Phase Finalists, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
c. VOTING PHASE
During the Voting Phase, the Submission Phase Finalists’ and Judging Phase Finalists’ (collectively the “Finalists”) Submissions will be posted in an online gallery for public voting at https://www.facebook.com/bandaid or the Website. Persons who meet the eligibility criteria as set forth in Section 1 will be invited to vote for the Submission they believe is best. Limit: Each person may vote one (1) time per day during the Voting Phase. Multiple votes received from any person or email address in excess of the stated number will be void. Any attempt by any Finalist or voter to obtain more than the stated number of votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including without limitation, trading votes or offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, by using any automated program, by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void those votes for the Finalist’s Submission and entrant may be disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Subject to the Finalists’ compliance with these Official Rules, the Finalist whose Submission receives the highest number of valid votes during the Voting Phase, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. The Finalist whose Submission receives the second highest number of valid votes during the Voting Phase, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed First Prize winner. The Finalist whose Submission receives the third highest number of valid votes during the Voting Phase, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed the Second Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the Finalist from among those tied whose Submission received the highest score for Fit to Contest Theme in the Judging Phase or the Submission Phase (as applicable), as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner for the prize at issue. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate Grand Prize, First Prize or Second Prize winner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final and binding.
6. WINNER REQUIREMENTS
Potential winners will be notified by email, mail or phone on or around June 28, 2015. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize and First Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release, which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. Potential winners will also be required to provide upon request releases from each person featured in their Submission, which releases will include (without limitation) the provisions noted below regarding the Guild Agreements (as hereinafter defined). If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission (including the video) and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, in any manner, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law, provided that if it is ever determined that the Submission in which an entrant appears fall within the jurisdiction of any union or guild agreement (“Guild Agreement”), then: (a) the entrants (and any others featured in the Submission) agree to accept the minimum scale payments payable pursuant to such Guild Agreement (if any, it being agreed that none will be payable if any coverage waiver applies), (b) Sponsor will have the option to secure unlimited and extended editing rights on the Internet and in new media with respect to the Submission by paying $100 to the applicable entrant (and any others featured in the Submission), and (c) upon Sponsor’s request, entrants will execute any standard union/guild performer agreement. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after end of Contest.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for four (4) to Los Angeles, CA. Trip package includes round trip, coachclass air transportation for four (4) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to four (4) to Los Angeles, CA; four (4) nights’ standard accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, quad occupancy); ground transportation to and from destination airport and hotel and to and from hotel and tour; a hair and make-up session for four (4) (all details of hair and make-up session are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); a Hollywood movie stars tour for four (4) (all details of tour are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); four (4) VIP tickets to the Radio Disney Music Awards; $1,000 spending money for the winner only; and travel agent services. The Sponsor is not responsible if the Radio Disney Music Awards is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. Seating and timing to be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Tickets may be subject to Sponsor’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. The Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event. Winner and guests must comply with all event and venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of applicable portion of prize.
• Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $10,715.
Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited.
• ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: A trip for two (2) to New York, NY. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to New York, NY; two (2) nights’ standard accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); a Sony Wonder Tech Lab visit for two (2); two (2) New York City Passes which offers admission to Museum of Modern Art (includes audio guide, films and admission to MoMA PS1 as well as admission to Guggenheim Museum and other major New York activities); $500 check for winner only that can be used to purchase two (2) tickets to a play/theater show; ground transportation to and from destination airport and hotel; $700 spending money for winner only; a visit to Flagship Disney Store in Times Square for two (2); and travel agent services. ARV: $5,000. Winner must complete the trip within one (1) year from the drawing date or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. The Sponsor is not responsible if any trip component is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets, admission or tour. Tickets and passes are subject to terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket or pass. The Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use any portion of prize. Winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of applicable portion of prize.
• ONE (1) SECOND PRIZE:
One (1) signed guitar. All details of guitar are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. ARV: $125.
• EIGHT (8) SUBMISSION PHASE FINALIST PRIZES:
A $150 Visa® gift card and one (1) Radio Disney Music Awards CD (CD determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). ARV: $163.98 each.
For Each Travel Prize:
Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs associated with prize acceptance and use not expressly stated in the package description above as being provided, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, travel companion(s) must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure or a sibling/friend of winner with the appropriate parental permissions and releases and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companion(s) must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. For All Prizes: Terms and conditions of gift cards apply. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash and are nontransferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit: One (1) prize per person, except for the Grand Prize, First Prize and Second Prize winner which could receive either one (1) Grand Prize, one (1) First Prize or one (1) Second Prize and one (1) Submission Phase Finalist Prize.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent for the Sponsor and each of its designees to use winner’s name, likeness, Submission, prize information, city and state of residence for advertising, promotional and other purposes, in any manner, in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further consideration, notification or permission.
By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., The Walt Disney Company, Inc., Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, unauthorized intervention, tampering, technical failures, human error or any other factor (including, without limitation, the existence of any virus, bugs, worms) impairs the integrity, operation, security, fairness, or proper functioning of the Contest, and/or the administration of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. LIMITATATIONS OF LIABILITY
Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, human or other error or problem which may occur in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, garbled, delayed, misdirected, inaccurate, damaged or stolen email or mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission.
Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, its associated winner selection and/or notification (“The Contest Administration”), or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest and Contest Administration, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. WINNER LIST
For a winners list, visit http://bit.ly/1GIFdFl. The winners list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete. © 2015 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook. All copyrights, trademarks and service marks related to the Radio Disney Music Awards shall be and remain the sole and complete property of ABC Cable Networks Group. ABC Cable Networks Group is not a sponsor of this Contest.