Snyders of Hanover – Pretzel Pieces Flavor Four – Win 1 of 4 grand prizes of a trip for 2 to Charlotte, NC OR 1 of 46 minor prizes
SNYDER’S OF HANOVER® PRETZEL PIECES FLAVOR FOUR INSTANT WIN GAME
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 13 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzel Pieces Flavor Four Instant Win Game is an Instant Win Game (the “Game”) and is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 13 years of age and older, who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia at time of entry (“Eligible Participant”). Void in Puerto Rico & where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and the respective household members, of S-L Snacks National, LLC, (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and Tenthwave Digital LLC and all others associated with the design, execution, production, development, and promotion of this Game (collectively, the “Game Entities”) are not eligible to participate. Game is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. U.S. law governs this Game. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify participants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Game in any manner. If a participant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that participant’s eligibility to participate in the Game. The following classes of people are ineligible to participate in the Grand Prize but remain eligible to win a First Prize: Current or former professional or semi-professional basketball players or coaches; current or former high school or collegiate basketball players or coaches who have played or coached at that level in the past five (5) years (includes Freshmen, Junior Varsity and Varsity for both men and women).
3. GAME TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Game begins on February 5, 2016 and ends on April 30, 2016 (“Game Period”). There will be a total of four (4) Grand Prizes and forty-six (46) First Prizes available to be awarded. Any unclaimed Grand and First Prizes will be awarded in a Second Chance Random Drawing in accordance with Paragraph 8 below. All claimed prizes will be awarded.
4. HOW TO PLAY THE GAME:
1) When you purchase a specially-marked, 10 – 12 ounce bag of one of the following Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzel Pieces – Honey Mustard & Onion, Hot Buffalo Wing, Salted Caramel, Jalapeño, or Cheddar Cheese, open the bag and look inside to see if you are a winner. If the package contains a game piece with a prize winning message, you are a winner of the prize indicated on the game piece, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. If the bag does not contain a game piece, you are not an instant winner. All Grand and First Prizes must be claimed by 5/10/16. See Rule #5 below on how to claim a prize. Non-winning bags will not contain a game piece.
2) To play the Game without purchasing a bag of Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzel Pieces: Print your name, address, email address (optional), and phone number, on a 3 ½” x 5” piece of paper and mail, in an envelope with proper postage affixed, to: Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzel Pieces Flavor Four Instant Win Game, c/o Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 108W, Melville, NY 11747. Mail-in submissions must be received by 4/30/16 in order to be eligible to win a prize. Each mail-in submission must be mailed separately. No mechanical reproductions permitted. No correspondence will be acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or postage-due mail. If you are a prize winner, you will be notified by email or U.S. mail and will be instructed on how to claim your prize. Non-winners will not be notified. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Eligible participants may use either game play method. Any unclaimed Grand and First Prizes will be awarded in a Second Chance Drawing (See Rule #8).
5. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: If you are a potential Grand or First Prize winner, sign the winning game piece and make a copy for your records. Send the original game piece inside an envelope, along with a 3 ½” x 5” paper containing your hand printed name, complete address (no PO boxes), email address and daytime phone number, and mail the original game piece and piece of paper, via REGISTERED MAIL, return receipt requested, or any other trackable method of delivery, to: Snyder’s of Hanover® Pieces Flavor Four Instant Win Claim, c/o Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 108W, Melville, NY 11747. Prizes must be claimed by 5/10/16. All game pieces submitted will be verified by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization whose decisions, along with Sponsor’s, are final on all matters relating to this Game. Fraud detection devices may have been placed on game pieces. Any game piece that is forged, mechanically reproduced, altered, defaced, mutilated or tampered with in any way, containing printing or other errors or obtained through unintended channels is automatically void. No responsibility is assumed by Releasees for lost, misdirected, illegible or postage due or late mail, deliveries, or other communications. All prize claims are subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. All prize claims submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Winner confirmation is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Grand Prize winners will be required to sign and execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and where legal, a publicity release and federal and state tax release, and First Prize winners may be required to verify their mailing addresses, and return any requested documents, properly executed, within seven (7) days of issuance. Non-compliance within the requested time frame or with the Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the potential winner being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded in the Second Chance Drawing. If any winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
7. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Four (4) Grand Prizes: A 3 day/2 night trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Charlotte, NC, where the winner will have a chance to complete a half-court shot on a standard basketball court of the Sponsor’s choice, and if successful, win $100,000. Trip must be taken June 10 – June 12, 2016. Prize includes round trip, coach class, air transportation from a major airport nearest winner’s home to Charlotte, NC, 2-night hotel accommodations (double occupancy), hotel/airport transfers and transportation to the basketball court. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize: $3,000/each. Actual value of trip prize depends upon the city of departure, time of travel, any airfare fluctuations and on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded. See “Travel Restrictions” section below for further information. In the event a Grand Prize winner were to successfully complete the half-court shot, Grand Prize winner would be required to sign and complete a form and provide a copy of a government issued identification card containing a photo of the claimed winner. Forty-six (46) First Prizes: A Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzel Pieces branded basketball, and a $200 gift card to a national sports retailer. ARV: $260/each. Total ARV of all instant win prizes available to be won: $23,960. Total ARV of all contest of skill prizes available to be won: $400,000. Odds of winning a Grand Prize (not including the $100,000): 1 in 700,947. Odds of winning the $100,000: since this is a contest of skill, the odds depend upon the skill of the winners. Odds of winning a First Prize: 1 in 60,952. Odds of winning any prize: 1 in 56,076.
A Grand Prize winner will have one (1) attempt at a half-court shot during a predetermined date/time (to be determined by the Sponsor during the time frame of June 10-June12, 2016) for a chance to win $100,000. A Grand Prize winner will not be allowed any practice, warm up or qualifying shots prior to the attempted half-court shot. An “attempt” has occurred when the basketball has been released by the winner. A Grand Prize winner is not allowed to bounce the ball through the goal. No part of the Grand Prize winner’s body or clothing may come in contact with or cross the demarcation line prior to releasing the ball. Half Court is 43 feet (demarcation line measured from the backboard of the target goal). In order to be counted as a successful shot, the basketball must pass completely through the target hoop on the fly from the point of release from the winner’s hand(s), without coming in contact with the ground, any person or any other surface other than the backboard or hoop and would otherwise constitute a successful shot scoring a goal under NBA or NCAA regulations. Each Grand Prize winner must successfully shoot an NBA or NCAA regulation basketball (or one of equivalent specifications) through an NBA or NCAA regulation size basketball hoop of the target goal which must have been previously designated by the contest officials in order to be counted as a successful shot. The rim of the target hoop must not be less than ten feet (10’) above the floor. Grand Prize winner must take the shot himself/herself, and may not designate a 3rd party to take the shot for him/her. The Grand Prize winners acknowledge that Sponsor is not liable for reimbursement of any prizes otherwise payable to Grand Prize winners who are in violation of this provision.
Any and all guarantees and warranties on merchandise prize are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
If any part of the event is unable to take place as planned, for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Sponsor will attempt to reschedule the event at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Tickets and/or gift cards awarded as part of a prize are subject to the terms and conditions related to such tickets/gift cards. Winner and guest must comply with all venue and event rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or deny entry to any winner and his/her guest who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the venue.
Grand Prize winner is responsible for all costs and expenses associated with the Grand Prize that are not expressly included therein, including but not limited to baggage fees, meals, parking, laundry, long distance telephone charges, insurance, souvenirs, and other personal expenses. A Grand Prize Winner and guest must be able to travel on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If a winner is under the age of 21, then the travel guest must be a parent or guardian of winner. If a travel guest is under the age of 21, then he/she must be a child or legal ward of the winner. All other guests must be age 21 or older. Guest or parent or legal guardian of minor guest must sign a travel release prior to traveling. Trip is subject to air/hotel availability and confirmation of reservations; certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer. Airline and flight times to be selected by Sponsor. One or more stopovers may be required on air transportation. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together at the same time on the same itinerary. Air transportation, if applicable, and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Once trip dates have been booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize winner must confirm available travel dates and flight times selected by the Sponsor at least two (2) weeks prior to travel dates. No extension or change of trip dates permitted. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or similar items once they are in winner’s possession, or in the possession of winner’s guest. If the winner lives within 100 miles of prize destination city, the air transportation portion of the prize may not be awarded and ground transportation may be substituted and no additional compensation will be provided. Grand Prize winner and guest must possess valid ID and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents (passport, etc.) in order to travel. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and Tenthwave Digital LLC (“Sweepstakes Entities”) shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles. Prize components cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, and no portion may be separated except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the affidavit and release and/or prize travel documents. Costs for room and tax only based on one room with double occupancy; meals, telephone calls, baggage fees, and other incidentals are not included.
GENERAL RESTRICTIONS: First Prizes will be awarded within 6-8 weeks after receipt of prize claim (subject to Sponsor’s verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules). All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded. All claimed prizes will be awarded. Unclaimed Grand and First Prizes will be awarded in a Second Chance Drawing (See Rule #8). There is a limit of one prize per person/household address.
8. SECOND CHANCE DRAWING: There will be a Second Chance Drawing conducted on or about 5/20/16 to award any unclaimed Grand and First Prizes. To enter, print your name, email address (optional), address, city, state, ZIP Code, on a 3 1/2” X 5” paper. Insert entry into an envelope, affix postage and mail to: Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzel Pieces Flavor Four Instant Win Game Second Chance, P.O. Box 832, Plainview, NY 11803-0832 Mail-in entries for the Second Chance Drawing must be postmarked by 4/30/16 and received by 5/10/16 in order to be eligible. Please note that mail-in entries for the instant win portion of the Game will NOT be included in the Second Chance Drawing. You must separately enter the Second Chance Drawing to be eligible for any prizes awarded in that portion of the Game. Each mail-in entry must be mailed in a separate outer envelope. No mechanical reproductions permitted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. Winner(s), if any, will be selected in a random drawing by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization, from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning an unclaimed Grand or First Prize in the Second Chance Drawing are dependent on the number of eligible entries received and the number of unclaimed Grand and First Prizes available. Winners, if any, will be notified by U. S. mail with instructions for the procedure and timing for claiming the prize. Decisions of the judges, along with Sponsor, will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Game.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. By accepting a prize, a winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice and biographical material and entry submission for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or a party designated by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including the internet, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: PARTICIPANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE GAME ENTITIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE GAME OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE GAME OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE GAME AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected entry submissions or prize claims, or errors of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for inability to submit a prize claim or an entry, or fraud, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the development of promotional materials, processing of entries and claims, awarding of prizes and/or which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Game or receive a prize. Game materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Game be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries or claims, or should the Game be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Game and, if terminated, at its discretion, select potential winner[s] in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person who violates the rules or interferes with the Game in any manner. If a participant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate such participant’s eligibility to participate in the Game.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina), or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
12. NUMBER OF PRIZES: No more than the listed number of prizes will be awarded. In the event of a printing, production, seeding, technical or human error, or for any other reason, the number of winning game pieces distributed or received for any prize level exceeds the number of prizes listed in these Official Rules for that level, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible prize claims received to award the listed number of prizes for that level.
13. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 7/1/16, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 7/31/16 to: Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzel Pieces Flavor Four Instant Win Game Winners, P.O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
14. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Game is S-L Snacks National, LLC, 13515 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Charlotte, North Carolina 28277. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 108W, Melville, NY 11747.
©Copyright 2015 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Participants may copy these official rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.