Quaker Oats – Gameday With Cap’N – Win an ESPN College Game Day Experience for 2 OR hundreds of Instant-Win Prizes
Go MVP for a day
ENTER CODE FOUND ON THE INSIDE OF YOUR SPECIALLY MARKED CAP’N CRUNCH® BOX
FIND OUT IF YOU’VE WON SWEET CAP’N TAILGATING SWAG
BE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED TO WIN BEHIND-THE-SCENES ACCESS TO ESPN COLLEGE GAMEDAY
TO GET STARTED, FIRST ENTER YOUR DATE OF BIRTH:
©2017 The Quaker Oats CompanyContact Us
ESPN, the ESPN Logo and College GameDay are registered trademarks of ESPN, Inc.
GAMEDAY WITH CAP’N SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF MONEY NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Gameday with Cap’n Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 15, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on February 18, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The administrator’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE. A Code (defined below) is required in order to participate. There are two (2) ways to obtain a Code:
(a) During the Sweepstakes Period, purchase any specially-marked package of CAP’N CRUNCH®; look on the inside panel of the box for a sweepstakes code (“Code”).
(b) To obtain a Code without making a purchase: Hand print your full name, address, city, state, zip code and email address on a 3″ x 5″ card to: Gameday with Cap’n Sweepstakes Code Request, PO Box 760013, Dept. 655-705, El Paso, TX 88576-0013. Requests must be received by February 9, 2018. One (1) Code will be emailed to the email address provided on the 3” x 5” card. Limit one (1) free Code per request per stamped-outer envelope. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage-due or misdirected mail.
Once you have obtained a Code, visit gamedaywithcapn.com (“Website”) and follow the online instructions to play for a chance to win an Instant-Win Prize (a “Play”). If you receive a prize-winning message upon submitting your Play, you win the indicated Instant-Win Prize (subject to verification). Instant-Win Prize winners will be determined by a random, time-based seeding process, conducted by an independent judging organization (“Judging Organization”) whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. For each Play, you will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing. See Rule #4 for Grand Prize drawing details.
By participating, you are opting in to receive e-newsletters from the Sponsor. If you do not wish to continue receiving e-newsletters from the Sponsor, you may unsubscribe upon receiving your first e-newsletter.
Limit two (2) Plays per person/email address per day. A “day” is defined as the 24-hour period between 12:00 a.m. ET and the following 11:59 p.m. ET with the exception of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period which shall be defined as beginning at 12:00 p.m. ET and ending the following 11:59 p.m. ET.
Each Play must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual entrant. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Plays (including but not limited to Plays made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of submitting more than the stated number of Plays, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified and all Plays shall be deemed invalid and any prize won shall be forfeited.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of August 15, 2017. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, officers and directors of The Quaker Oats Company (“Sponsor”), ESPN Internet Ventures, Inc. (“ESPN”), their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, siblings) or household members (whether or not related) of each are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. RANDOM DRAWING. Potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about February 16, 2018 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by the Judging Organization.
5. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”)/ODDS OF WINNING.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE (awarded via the Random Drawing). The Grand Prize consists of an ESPN College Game Day Experience (the “Experience”), scheduled to occur during the 2018 college football season for winner and winner’s one (1) guest. The Experience consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from gateway city nearest winner’s U.S. home); double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights; Experience credentials; and $500.00 spending money (awarded in the form of a check, payable to winner). Exact travel dates and location to be determined by Sponsor at a later date, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Additional prize details will be provided at the time winner is notified. Travel, accommodations and Experience subject to availability and change. If winner resides within 250 miles of the Experience location, another method of transportation may be substituted for air transportation by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Selection of airline and hotel are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of winner and his/her guests, including but not limited to, meals, souvenirs, and gratuities. All travel is subject to availability and restrictions. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. A minor child, age seven or older, may accompany winner as a travel guest only if minor’s parent or legal guardian is the winner. A minor must be accompanied at all times during the trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all prize-related events) by his/her parent or legal guardian. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events (including the Experience and/or airline flights) beyond its control. Winner and guests must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g. a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel within the United States. ARV of Grand Prize trip: $3,400. Actual prize value depends on city/date/time of departure. Winner may opt to take a cash alternative of $2,750 in lieu of the Grand Prize trip. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct, or allow ESPN to conduct, a background check of any and all records of the Grand Prize winner/travel companion, including without limitation, checking publicly available information contained in civil and criminal court records, police reports, and social media. To the extent necessary under law, grand prize winners/travel companions shall authorize this background check and acknowledge that Sponsor/ESPN has a legitimate business need for such background check. Sponsor/ESPN may also take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to Sponsor/ESPN by Grand Prize winner/travel companion in his/her interview. In that regard, Grand Prize winner/travel companion will be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information (including but not limited to full legal name, home address, telephone number and date of birth) so that Sponsor/ESPN may conduct such investigation. Sponsor/ESPN reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify individual grand prize winner/travel companion based on the background check. For clarity, disqualification of a winner will result in the automatic disqualification of the travel companion. Under no circumstances can the Grand Prize trip be combined with the Grand Prize cash alternative.
INSTANT-WIN PRIZES. Instant-Win Prizes are listed as follows: Prize Quantity. / Prize Description. / ARV of each prize.
800 / One (1) Cap’n Crunch® branded Beanie. / ARV: $11.99.
175 / One (1) Cap’n Crunch® branded XL Sweatshirt. / ARV: $32.05
500 / One (1) Cap’n Crunch® branded mesh folding Chair. / ARV: $16.60.
275 / One (1) Cap’n Crunch® branded 24 can barrel Cooler. / ARV: $22.84.
10 / One (1) Cap’n Crunch® Cruzin Cooler scooter. / ARV: $459.99.
50 / One (1) Cap’n Crunch® branded regulation Cornhole set. / ARV: $164.29.
200 / One (1) Cap’n Crunch® branded football helmet-shaped serving bowl. / ARV: $39.35.
Winners must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited. The ARV of all prizes is $53,866.15. Winners are solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state, local taxes, if any, and all other unspecified expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of prize. Any difference between the stated prize value and actual prize value will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and prize substitutions will not be allowed, except at sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
Limit one (1) Instant-Win Prize, per prize type, per household. For clarity, a person can win one (1) of each type of Instant-Win Prize for a total of seven (7) Instant-Win Prizes. A winner of an Instant-Win Prize(s) is eligible to win the Grand Prize.
Odds of winning an Instant-Win Prize depends on the number of Plays received and the order in which they were received. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends upon the number of eligible Plays (entries) received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. DISCLAIMER. Sponsor and its affiliated companies are not responsible for printing, distribution or production errors. Liability for any irregular or defective Code is limited to replacement with another Code. Any Code that is tampered with, illegible, mutilated, reproduced, contains printing or other errors, obtained where prohibited or not obtained legitimately, will be null and void. If, due to an administrative, printing or production error, more instant-winning prize messages are distributed, or more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to Rule #5, prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified prize claims received for a particular prize. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by Website users; any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications-line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access of the Website; downloading materials from or use of the Website; or for any technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes, or by any human, or other error, which may occur during this sweepstakes. If, in the Judging Organization’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Judging Organization reserves the right to disqualify suspect Plays or modify the Sweepstakes in a manner deemed appropriate by the Judging Organization, at the Judging Organization’s sole discretion. In such event, winners will be determined from eligible Plays received prior to such determination, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by the Judging Organization. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the process of submitting a Play. In the event of a dispute as to any Play, the Play will be deemed to be made by the name appearing on the online registration form.
7. GENERAL. All prize claims are subject to verification. All potential Instant-Win Prize winners will receive prize claim instructions at the time of winning notification. If a winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, prize may be awarded to the minor’s parent/legal guardian who must assume all responsibilities of prize winner. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email, phone and/or mail on or about February 21, 2018. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release within seven (7) days from the date it is sent by the administrator or the Grand Prize may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be forfeited. The Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the Grand Prize. Grand Prize winner’s guest will also be required to complete a Liability Release within the same time period, and if the guest is a minor, the Liability Release must be signed by his/her parent/legal guardian. Failure to comply with these conditions or the return of prize documents as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of prize, without compensation. Instant Win Prizes will be shipped within 4-6 weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes. If a prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability to award that prize.
Participation constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) for Sponsor and its designees to use winners’ names and likenesses, for purposes of advertising, publication, promotion, and publicity without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winners release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, ESPN, their parent companies and each of their respective affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, their advertising/promotion agencies from any and all liability, injury, loss, or damage of any kind to property or person(s), including death, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or with respect to participation in any prize-related activity, including travel thereto. Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and/or Administrator.
8. WAIVER. By entering this Sweepstakes, you waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate.
9. WINNERS’ LIST. For a list of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Gameday with Cap’n Sweepstakes Winners’ List Request, 10 South 5th Street-7th Floor, Dept. 655-705, Minneapolis, MN 55402. Requests must be received by March 15, 2018.
Sponsor: The Quaker Oats Company, 555 West Monroe Street, Chicago, Illinois 60661.
ESPN is neither a sponsor nor an administrator of this Sweepstakes.