OLD NAVY – Instant Happy 2016 – Win 1 of 8 cash prizes of $100,000 each OR thousands of Instant Win Game Prizes
Old Navy Instant Happy 2016 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Old Navy Instant Happy 2016 (the “Promotion”) consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), an instant win game (the “Instant Win Game”) and a program (the “Program”).
The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia and Canada who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
The Instant Win Game is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
The Program is open only to legal residents of Canada who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
Employees of The Gap Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: The Gap Inc., Two Folsom Street San Francisco, CA 94105 U.S.A. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075 U.S.A.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on November 18, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. United States Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 25, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”).
The Sweepstakes begins on November 18, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. ET, ends on November 25, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”) and consists of eight (8) daily entry periods (each a “Daily Entry Period”). Each Daily Entry Period begins at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET.
The Instant Win Game and Program begins on November 18, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. ET, ends on December 9, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”) and consists of two (2) phases (each a “Phase”) as outlined below.
Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter:
a. Instant Win Game (open only to residents of the U.S):
i. Make a Purchase: During the Entry Phase, visit an Old Navy store location in the U.S. and make a purchase to receive one (1) scratch off card. Once you receive your scratch off card, scratch the surface to reveal your prize.
at 12:00 a.m. ET
at 11:59 p.m. ET
￼November 18, 2016
￼￼￼￼November 25, 2016
￼November 18, 2016
￼￼￼￼￼December 4, 2016
ii. Alternate Method of Entry: During the Entry Phase, visit an Old Navy store location in the U.S. and ask a store associate for one (1) scratch off card. Once you receive your scratch off card, scratch the surface to reveal your prize.
Each Instant Win Game game piece will contain a unique code. During the Redemption Phase, locate the unique code and visit www.oldnavy.com/RedeemHappy and follow the links and instructions to redeem your prize.
b. Program (open only to residents of Canada):
i. Make a Purchase: During the Entry Phase, visit an Old Navy store location in Canada and make a purchase to receive one (1) scratch off card. Once you receive your game piece, scratch the surface to receive one (1) Old Navy free shipping code (the “Offer”). Terms and conditions of shipping code apply. During the Redemption Phase, locate the unique code on the game piece and visit www.oldnavy.ca/RedeemHappy and follow the links and instructions to redeem your Offer.
ii. Alternate Method of Entry: During the Entry Phase, visit an Old Navy store location in Canada and ask a store associate for one (1) scratch off card. Once you receive your scratch off card, scratch the surface to receive one (1) Old Navy free shipping code (the “Offer”). Terms and conditions of shipping code apply.
Each Offer will contain a unique code. During the Redemption Phase, locate the unique code on the game piece and visit www.oldnavy.ca/RedeemHappy and follow the links and instructions to redeem your Offer.
Make a Purchase: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit an Old Navy store location and make a purchase or request a game piece from the sales associate and scratch the surface to reveal the unique code (as outlined in Section 4a and 4b above). Then, visit either www.oldnavy.com/RedeemHappy (for U.S. entrants) or www.oldnavy.ca/RedeemHappy (for Canadian entrants) and complete and submit the registration form including the code from the game piece and a valid email address. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Daily Entry Period drawing.
www.oldnavy.com/winhappy (for U.S. entrants) or www.oldnavy.ca/winhappy (for Canadian entrants) and complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Daily Entry Period drawing.
Limit: Each U.S. entrant may redeem up to two (2) Instant Win Game prizes per day during the Redemption Phase regardless of method of entry; each Canadian entrant may redeem up to two (2) Offers per day during the Redemption Phase; each entrant may receive up to two (2) entries per day during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries/Offers by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s plays/entries/Offers and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will
Alternate Method of Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit
be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: The drawing for each Daily Entry Period will be conducted on Sponsor’s behalf by Administrator at approximately 12:00 p.m. on the next business day following the conclusion of the applicable Daily Entry Period in Southfield, MI U.S.A. Non-winning Daily Entry Period entries will not carry over into subsequent Daily Entry Period drawings. Instant Win Game: There will be 3,728,400 random game pieces distributed during the Entry Phase, you will be a potential winner of the prize indicated on the game piece.
6. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize winners will be notified by mail, email or phone. Except where prohibited, each potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state/province of residence) will be required to sign and return Declaration of Compliance, which must be received by Administrator within two (2) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill- testing question in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the applicable Sweepstakes Grand Prize will remain unawarded. Unclaimed Instant Win Game prizes will not be awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
Sweepstakes Prizes: EIGHT (8) GRAND PRIZES (one (1) awarded per Daily Entry Period): A $100,000 check. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $100,000 USD. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each applicable Daily Entry Period. Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes prize per person.
Instant Win Game Prizes: ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND (100,000) FIRST PRIZES: $25 off a Tiny Prints purchase awarded as a code. ARV: $25 USD. Odds of winning a First Prize are approximately 1:38.09. FIVE THOUSAND (5,000) SECOND PRIZES: A Fandango movie ticket awarded as a digital code. ARV: $13 USD. Odds of winning a Second Prize are approximately
1:761.76. FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND (500,000) THIRD PRIZES: Free Chipotle chips and guacamole awarded as a digital code. ARV: $3.31 USD. Odds of winning a Third Prize are approximately 1:7.62. FIVE THOUSAND (5,000) FOURTH PRIZES: Fifty-five (55) Coke Rewards that can be redeemed online for a free drink. ARV: $1.99 USD. Odds of winning a Fourth Prize are approximately 1:761.76. THREE MILLION ONE HUNDRED EIGHTEEN THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED (3,118,800) FIFTH PRIZES: An Old Navy free shipping code awarded as a digital code. Odds of winning a Fifth Prize are approximately 1:1.19.
Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for complaints or issues regarding codes (claims that code is invalid, insufficient, etc.) and winner should address any such issues with the issuer of the code. Limit: Sixteen (16) Instant Win Game prizes per person.
For All Prizes: Terms and conditions gift cards and digital gift codes apply. No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $5,029,950.00 USD.
U. S. Tax Liabilities: For all non-U.S. winners, 30% of the prize value accepted will be withheld and remitted to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to comply with U.S. tax laws.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state/province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries or plays received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or the Instant Win Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of
the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game play, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan. For Residents of Quebec Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2cOT3m0. The winner list will be posted after
winner confirmation is complete.
© 2016 HelloWorld, Inc. All Rights Reserved.